Belize Sun Dancer vs Belize Aggressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got back from a week on the Sun Dancer II and it was great. I did the BAIV 8 years ago and would consider the boats generally the same. Dive deck on SDII is slightly smaller but with fin removal/placement service, no problem getting on the boat or into the water. By putting your fins on for you, the crew reduces the bottleneck that can sometimes occur when there are folks struggling with their fins.

Chief Chef was Carlos and he was fantastic! Megan was the Captain and also great. Remaining crew was Karim, John, Simon, David (visiting crew), Elia and Barbara. There was nothing that could have been better as pertains to the boat. Weather could have been a little less windy and more sunny but you get what you get.

All in all, I'd say that the two boats are about the same but I liked that on the SDII, the cabins were above water, with a window rather than below with a small porthole.

You can't go wrong with either one.

Nice brief report DavidinNH. We board SDII on May 31st. All I have heard regarding both yachts are great reports. Looking forward to some more diving!

Pass on my regards to Megan. She is an excellent host and keeps thing lively. All the staff are great. You will be in good hands. Hopefully Simeon's tongue has healed well.

I was on BAIII last month and had a marvelous trip in every respect. I also don't understand the price difference and would certainly consider the SDII. She appears to offer more deck space per guest overall, which I'd consider to be a prime consideration. That stated, I was very pleased with the effective use of the space on BAIII and would not hesitate to travel on it again. The company's website is well designed and includes sufficient details that one can do enough research to make an informed decision. The nice part about this problem is that there is no wrong answer. Sign up, pay your money, and enjoy.

Just arrived home from a great experience on the Sun Dancer II. So, my wife and I have been on both the BAIII and SDII.

First and foremost, thanks to both crews.

Customer Service and attitudes:
Great customer service. In my family I was taught manners, to be courteous, etc. so, I just always keep things in order, help others, bring my dishes to the kitchen, etc. On both boats if I was heading to do any one of things things the crew would politely zoom in and serve me and my wife. "It's your vacation and it's our honor to serve you..." Wow, so I let them serve, and it was always with a smile. Both boats. Seriously customer service is tops. Great efforts. Great attitudes. Great smiles. For the second time I am truly impressed.

Food: Truly amazing. It would not be fair to rate one boat over the other. The food was very good on both. We did have more fish choices on the SDII, but I always prefer fish over just about everything.

Diving: Again great. The DM was attentive yet we could dive our own profile which most of the time we did. We were familiar with the sites and were diving within our limits.

Cabin/State Room: My wife and I were very comfortable on the BAIII. We did enjoy the large window and the bigger state room on the Dancer. Of course the crew has no influence on the design of the boats, but the slightly bigger state room was a plus.

Dive Deck: I will say that both are great and functional. I did like the more open feel and the larger space on the BAIII, but the dive decks were equal in function.

Fellow passengers: I don't think they were younger or older based on the boat. Both groups were fun and serious divers. We learned a lot from our fellow divers from both our experiences in Belize.

Either choice is a WIN, in my opinion. We do plan to dive again on both boats!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom