Open Water Certification Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stevep4444

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for recommendations for a great instructor in Cozumel to complete the diving portion for open water certification for my friend.

Anyone have any great experiences with an instructor?

We did our referral dive with Scuba Tony in 2006. Since then we have gone diving throughout the Caribbean. We dive with him whenever in Cozumel. His dive op beats any other dive op that we have used-hands down!

Looking for recommendations for a great instructor in Cozumel to complete the diving portion for open water certification for my friend.

Anyone have any great experiences with an instructor?

See if Servando at Tres Pelicanos Dive Center is available for your dates. I have seen him work with students, he is very patient, attentive, and just a good all around guy. I have been out with lots of different dive masters and instructors and will say that both Servando and Jorge are at the top of their game, I only rank one person above them but your not going to Kona :)

Thanks for the responses!
I have not decided where we will stay but probably at Residencias Reef.

You didn't mention which agency. I recommend Gustavo. He can do PADI, NAUI, CMAS, and FMAS. I added his FB link.

Eileen

You didn't mention which agency. I recommend Gustavo. He can do PADI, NAUI, CMAS, and FMAS. I added his FB link.
The Universal Referral Form allows instructors from one agency to complete certification dives for divers who received their classroom and confined water training from another agency.

I also recommend Servando Ramerez at Tres Pelicanos, although he did not do my initial OW he did my me EAN. Over the last couple years he has shown great patience in teaching me to learn to be a relaxed and become a semi-competent diver. I learn from him on each and every dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom