Change.org Petition, Stop Shark Baiting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The one thing I've wondered about: could the FWC or Sherriff somehow get a location reading or GPS mark on the location of the float ball/dive flag that is dragged by the DM (maybe some sort of sci-fi laser bouncing off the float ball). I'm obviously assuming that Emerald and/or Calypso had someone in the water manning a line and surface marker. While the boats might be moving in and out of Florida waters as they follow divers and the float ball, I'd think the float ball would give a pretty accurate reading of where the divers are located underwater give or take 50-100 feet as the line might move east or west depending on exactly what the surface current is doing.

Randy doesn't use a surface float; he's the only crew in the water and has his hands full. He may shoot an SMB at the end of the dive, but I'd be surprised if they could get a GPS or radar fix on it.

One thing I will note is that his lawyer should have all of FWC's evidence, so either the expense of fighting it in court (not insignificant, even if Diego is doing this pro bono) is less than the expected punishment or he figures there's a hole in their case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randy doesn't use a surface float; he's the only crew in the water and has his hands full. He may shoot an SMB at the end of the dive, but I'd be surprised if they could get a GPS or radar fix on it.

One thing I will note is that his lawyer should have all of FWC's evidence, so either the expense of fighting it in court (not insignificant, even if Diego is doing this pro bono) is less than the expected punishment or he figures there's a hole in their case.

and his lawyer isn't going to tell us anything he isn't allowed to tell us until the case is over & done with.

Is this a real association or a front for a person with hidden motives? Always look who is behind a petition before signing the dam thing.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fl...eding-sharks-state-waters-36.html#post7123551

www.sunbiz.org - Department of State

the sunbiz filing gives us the name & address of who filed for the fictitious name & a google search gives his scuba website & professional certifications among other things.

Can't answer your question though w/o pure speculation on motive...

---------- Post added May 21st, 2014 at 10:09 AM ----------

i wonder the process & cost of registering a fictitious name is -- maybe so we can register Florida Assoc of Divers -- but wouldn't that create a F.A.D. ?

forgive the bad puns -- need more coffee

I would hold off on going tinfoil-hat with this. I smell something funny in the sense that this group is willing to use a misleading clip and in that they do not appear to be local to Jupiter and West Palm. The first bothers my rather pathological fixation on facts. The second bothers me because (and this is not a generalized knock on instructors) I'm wary of their assertion that "the scuba instructors should run the industry in Florida" - especially since the instructors in this thread haven't heard of them. It smacks of an outside group acting like it speaks for the interests of local dive operators.

but i like my tin-foil hat! it's so shiny shiny :) i try not to wear it underwater though.... tends to make me look like flash on a fishing lure..

I have a couple of thoughts here. The miscreant who started FADI and is the sole driving force behind this farce of a jihad was kicked out by PADI. He still claims to be a PADI instructor though PADI's website says it isn't so. I've never met anyone so self deceived in my entire life. Fortunately, I've only met him online and I plan to keep it that way.

Second thought. Laws should never be predicated on junk science, assumptions, myths or emotions. That's precisely what the petition is asking us to do. He uses the same illogic to "debunk" evolution. No, I'm not making this up. He truly believes that Jesus rode on a dinosaur before they went extinct. Ask him. Since we have no idea about how feedings affect sharks, we should avoid passing laws in that regard. At this point, it should be left to individual choice unless we have an actual scientific study to the contrary.

Final point. This is nothing but a FUDD campaign. Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt and Deception are the hallmarks of this jihad. I don't enjoy shark feedings, so I simply vote with my fins and dive elsewhere. I bet that Randy has the basis of tortious interference law suit and if I were him I would pursue just that. Give the twerp a little taste of his own medicine.

I have a couple of thoughts here. The miscreant who started FADI and is the sole driving force behind this farce of a jihad was kicked out by PADI. He still claims to be a PADI instructor though PADI's website says it isn't so. I've never met anyone so self deceived in my entire life. Fortunately, I've only met him online and I plan to keep it that way.

Second thought. Laws should never be predicated on junk science, assumptions, myths or emotions. That's precisely what the petition is asking us to do. He uses the same illogic to "debunk" evolution. No, I'm not making this up. He truly believes that Jesus rode on a dinosaur before they went extinct. Ask him. Since we have no idea about how feedings affect sharks, we should avoid passing laws in that regard. At this point, it should be left to individual choice unless we have an actual scientific study to the contrary.

Final point. This is nothing but a FUDD campaign. Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt and Deception are the hallmarks of this jihad. I don't enjoy shark feedings, so I simply vote with my fins and dive elsewhere. I bet that Randy has the basis of tortious interference law suit and if I were him I would pursue just that. Give the twerp a little taste of his own medicine.

is he still tdi/sdi like it says on his website??

that would up to Randy -- i still want to do a dive with him to see what actually happens on one of his dives -- and partly even though i've been on dives with sharks around -- with a feeding you've still got some of the Jaws mentality to overcome...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom