Service kit supplier??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi guys

Firstly I want to apologize if I posted this in the wrong section, the mods can feel free to move it should there be a more suited section.

I am a service tech in South africa and work for a company that specializes the the service and maintenance of SCUBA gear. Once a year I service between 6-10 police and military dive units' gear. 95% of the government issued gear is Poseidon( the local importer cut a deal to be the sole supplier of diving gear to the diving units) and while they are all relatively easy to service, the cops are generally quite hard on their gear and I end up having to replace alot of parts.

Now my problem is that the supplier of Poseidon has become very expensive (who knows why) and we need to look at alternate options to acquire all parts and service kits ourselves and ''cut out the middle man'' as they say.

So my question is, does anyone here know where I can source the Poseidon brand from? Due to the local supplier have sole import rights, I am unable to order straight from Poseidon in Sweeden. Ideally I would like to keep the currency in Euro due to exchange rates but beggars cant be choosers so I'll take whatever I can get at this stage.

PS. I have already emailed scubastore a few months ago wanting to spend between 3000 and 5000 Euro and they have not come back to me, so I asume they are not interested

Thanks guys

SAS

Poseidon is usually quite strict in trying to keep spare parts out of non certified service techs. Their upstream regs differ a little from what many think is a normal scuba regulator. You should try contacting Sweden and tell them that your dealer pricing is being irrational. Tell them to tell the dealer that they shouldn't raise prices too much.

Poseidon is usually quite strict in trying to keep spare parts out of non certified service techs. Their upstream regs differ a little from what many think is a normal scuba regulator. You should try contacting Sweden and tell them that your dealer pricing is being irrational. Tell them to tell the dealer that they shouldn't raise prices too much.
Prices are exchange rate driven , and are actually very competitive ,to suggest that someone tells a distributor his pricing is to high is irrational , you have no clue as to the costs involved in importing the parts, as a supplier i laugh at such a suggestion.

Here in Canada the product and parts kit pricing from the Poseidon distributor is no more expensive than the comparable Aqualung or Scubapro equivalent kits. It is along way from Sweden to S.A. and if small quantities re ordered the unit cost + shipping can be a bit higher.... Without being nosey, how much are you paying per 1st stage or 2nd stage kit if you think it is high.

Prices are exchange rate driven , and are actually very competitive ,to suggest that someone tells a distributor his pricing is to high is irrational , you have no clue as to the costs involved in importing the parts, as a supplier i laugh at such a suggestion.

As a consumer I laugh at you. Service kits are small and light so to cost to ship them is relatively inexpensive. As far as exchange rates go I doubt it has little to do with anything as the actual cost of the o-ring, seats, and diaphragms are very low. The distributor is price-gouging because he has a monopoly.

Here in Canada the product and parts kit pricing from the Poseidon distributor is no more expensive than the comparable Aqualung or Scubapro equivalent kits. It is along way from Sweden to S.A. and if small quantities re ordered the unit cost + shipping can be a bit higher.... Without being nosey, how much are you paying per 1st stage or 2nd stage kit if you think it is high.

I retail my Poseidon kits almost 3 times more than Scubapro (my mark-up stays the same, for any brand) and Agualung (which is about the same as most) is just over half of Poseidon.

However, I have to add that the price you guys are paying in the states and UK (only places ive checked) are much more than here. A typical service her I charge about $10 per stage (labour) and then the kits cost anywhere from $10 (Scubapro) to $25 (Poseidon) for the first stage. 2nd stage ranges from $8 to $15 each.

When I service a Scubapro MK 25/S600/R395 for example it would cost about $65 for everything, where Poseidon X-stream and Cyklon 5000 would be $90-95

SAS

Back
Top Bottom