Air Canada, are Canadians brain washed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You were on Rouge definetly BIG difference... Rouge is ACs way to go cheap excursion mode. Watch out as you reserve as not always obvious. AC moving into new markets, most touristy orientated, and using Rouge as the low cost path. Sucks as Vegas is considered a tourist site vs. conference business. You will see less and less traditional AC going forward except for the big business hubs.

Ya got ROUGED!

Same cost as mainline AC but sardine can with Disney trained FA's. Take a look on Skytrax, Rouge is 2/10. I hang out on flyertalk, this has been talked about adnausuem for a while now. Even a few AC execs post trying to defend themselves. They still won't admit selling people on mainline and switching them to Rouge isn't bait and switch.

I missed being Rouged this Dec/Jan on my way to Carriacou via Barbados ( it was rouged but they went to a very nice 777 for the holiday season). My wife was happy to get her J pod seat (all tickets via Aeroplan) me and the kid in Y. Our other upcoming redemptions are TPAC mostly in J. I will probably buy tickets to Coz, I get better returns to the Pacific with our Aeroplan miles, especially in biz class.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

---------- Post added June 4th, 2014 at 10:59 PM ----------

You were on Rouge definetly BIG difference... Rouge is ACs way to go cheap excursion mode. Watch out as you reserve as not always obvious. AC moving into new markets, most touristy orientated, and using Rouge as the low cost path. Sucks as Vegas is considered a tourist site vs. conference business. You will see less and less traditional AC going forward except for the big business hubs.

Rouge has nothing to do with leisure markets. Low cost carrier without the low cost to YOU). They (AC execs) have admitted as much.

FA's pay for their Disney training btw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes sorry didn't mean to imply low cost was on the passenger side but more for them to keep costs low by sardineing folks in on the excursion routes. They've added a few interesting destinations to the mix but I'd take a connection path just to avoid a Rouge aligned flight particularly if there are major hours flying involved ie. Europe or further south.

I'll do whatever I can not to fly Air Canada unless it is upfront and even that is no guarantee. I don't know what Canadians you were speaking with but they obviously don't fly much or any other carriers. I'll use my points to book Lufthansa for Europe. For SE Asia, it's problematic. Singapore Air is code share but more points cost. Last time itook United business. Regardless, it will probably come to pass that I'll have to fly air canada from time to time due to logistics and/or points useage. I've noticed Air Canada is rarely in the better price category so it will definitely be a needs must situation. Believe it or not, they are much better than they used to be. Shiver

I miss Continental.

Yep it was this Rouge thing, I had no idea it was or what that even was, when booked it was through Air Canada, we certainly didn't choose Rouge ourselves and it certainly wasn't a bargain.

These and similar types of comments are what I'm referring to in regard to my perception that Canadians like Air Canada
The worst surprise possible is finding out that your AC flight is actually a codeshare flight and you end up stuck on a crappy United Airlines plane.

All I've ever heard from Canadians is how great Air Canada is. We booked a trip to Europe on them and let me tell you, it wasn't pretty. What gives? What exactly is so great about them?

Horrible leg room, nasty seats, no entertainment system in the seat backs, they make you rent an Ipod for $10 and then it's using their WIFI that drops 10 times during the course of a movie causing you to start all over again and relaunch and refind your movie and fast forward to where you let off, the stewedesses ignore the customers at one time I counted 9 call lights lit up for over an hour, food- nothing to write home about, they don't have check in kiosks at Denver's airport so there is no such thing as a baggage drop, we were in line for over an hour just to drop off our bags. I could go on, but if this is what Canadians rave about, I don't get it.

How many Canadians -- who actually fly more than a couple of times a year -- have you spoken to about Air Canada?

I refuse to fly with them for many reasons.

They have in the past 10 years though, had dealings with two members of the family. My daughter is required to fly the national airline since she is in the Canadian Military... they have lost her luggage (I mean LOST not delayed) on three occasions. My wife has flown AC a couple of times this year. Both times were a misery.

Most Canadian travelers that I know do not use AC unless there is no alternative.

Westjet is heads and tails above Air Canada, on a flight earlier this year (not Rouge), every flight was on time and I walked away feeling I had a horrible experience (can't pinpoint one thing). They just don't seem friendly or helpful at all.

Actually my last AC flight wasn't that bad, but that was the exception.

Back
Top Bottom