UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good to meet you last Friday Abdullah.

Night dive on Inch 1 would have been awesome.

Unfortunately my plans for Sunday were scuppered due to an issue with my left ear, it felt blocked and itchy plus I could not equalise it :( Still not feeling 100% today.

Anyway best not to push it I have had enough issues with my ears, hopefully all will be well for this coming weekend although I might have to work on Friday :(

Water is finally warming up. 29C at the surface and 24C at 31 m. on Inchcape 1 yesterday; 30C at the surface, 27C at 12 m. and 26 at 18 m. at Martini Rock. Time to stow away the 5 mm suit for some time.

Btw, there was a dive-boat caravan on IC2 yesterday - four boats moored off each other on the buoy. Plenty of vertically finning divers on the wreck, kicking up sand, destroying coral and scaring fish 😡 that took refuge below deck...

Nice dives in Musandam this weekend, very similar temperatures

DSCF4560 a.jpg

Nice Ceratosoma Simon :)

Taken at Ras Dillah.

Thanks Gordan, saves me the job of trying to look it up :wink:

Not sure what species but looks like Ceratosoma trilobatum, however never seen one in these colours and markings before, stunning.

It's Plocamopherus margaretae - Carole used to find these a fair bit when it was still undescribed. The cool thing about the Plocamopherus (and we have been finding a number of different species here lately) is that they all luminesce from little bulb like appendages across the upper body line.

Spoke too soon about stowing away the 5mm...
22C on Inchcape 1 today (however admiring three frogfish kept us too busy to notice the cold). Sharm Rock was equally cold: 24C at 7m! Stayed at 5m, above the thermocline, at a nice & toasty 29C, with a school of batfish keeping us company.
I'll park the 3mm for a while...

What depth Komi?

And welcome to ScubaBoard :)

Back
Top Bottom