Something for high flow days?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh are you the too good for a class guy?

There's a class on diving high flow? Do you have a cert card for diving high flow?

When did you get your high flow certification? from who?

Can you provide a link to a cavern or intro class syllabus that shows diving in high flow skillfully as a topic or requirement?

I was unaware that having your cert card checked is a requirement for asking an on topic question.

I said "whatever" because the response was clearly off topic and offered no constructive advice related to diving high flow.

So again,

Whatever.

Whatever - when you go on the record about diving in caves without training, you reap what you sow.

Less than two months ago, the OP was "planning" to take an intro to cave class... if that has already occurred successfully, my sincere congratulations. If not, it sure seems from the posts in this thread that there is diving going on, outside of the cavern zone, in several different cave systems. And it's not clear on SB that the OP has ever taken a cavern class, either - unless I missed a post, in which case I apologize.

Having one's cert card checked is NOT a requirement for asking an on-topic question, and most people I would not think twice answering. HOWEVER... the last thing I want to do is help someone improve their technique so they can get further in a cave if they do not have the appropriate training to be in an overhead environment to begin with. Sure, anyone can do a search, but I am not going to specifically answer questions asked by someone who has explicitly stated in the past that they dive in caves and with ZERO OVERHEAD TRAINING until the aforementioned person gives me some information about the training they HAVE taken.

Further, AFAIK, most instructors from N FL DO in fact cover diving in high flow in class; if teaching the past two months, they would HAVE to, if they were teaching locally, given the conditions, or their students would not make it into the cave. Hence my question was on-topic and relevant.

There's a class on diving high flow? Do you have a cert card for diving high flow?

Can you provide a link to a cavern or intro class syllabus that shows diving in high flow skillfully as a topic or requirement?

I was unaware that having your cert card checked is a requirement for asking an on topic question.

I said "whatever" because the response was clearly off topic and offered no constructive advice related to diving high flow.

So again,

Whatever.

So again,

Whatever.

The class is called "cave diver". You should take it. There's even a few levels, like intro to cave, or apprentice cave diver, or full cave diver. Other agencies call it cave diver 1 or 2.

Damn you AJ. Same content way less words. Alas, I felt the need to provide context.

The class is called "cave diver". You should take it. There's even a few levels, like intro to cave, or apprentice cave diver, or full cave diver. Other agencies call it cave diver 1 or 2.

Who cares if he hasn't taken a course yet. The flow at Madison's so high from what I hear right now that it'll push his corpse out pretty quickly and no one will have to risk their own neck to bring his body back to his family.

Look at flow like bullets flying at you. Then look for cover.

Pretty accurate.

Look for columns and swim behind them. Look for concave areas and swim close the wall. Use your buddy as cover (and let him wonder why his gas bill is higher than yours.) Swim on the low side of a change of elevation,and once over that elevation change,drop down quickly. Use wet suit- it has hot out now,and the swimming against current will generate body heat,but a wet suit is very streamlined.

Pretty accurate.

Look for columns and swim behind them. Look for concave areas and swim close the wall. Use your buddy as cover (and let him wonder why his gas bill is higher than yours.) Swim on the low side of a change of elevation,and once over that elevation change,drop down quickly. Use wet suit- it has hot out now,and the swimming against current will generate body heat,but a wet suit is very streamlined.

What are you trying to do, insert logic and actual thoughtful commentary into this discussion? The nerve :wink:

What are you trying to do, insert logic and actual thoughtful commentary into this discussion? The nerve :wink:

Actually things being high flow works for me. There are so many flow adverse people that can't handle it,that it vacates the sites,and more opportunity for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom