Buy dive equipment around Tulamben

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

imkeshav

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm traveling to Bali next week via Singapore. I will arrive at 8:30pm in Bali and will immediately leave to Tulamb

I have only 20 dives and plan to get basic stuff

Where can I buy these without traveling long from Tulamben

Camera- goPro with filter
Computer - zoop
Wet suit and mask
Feel free to suggest you own brands and models for the above

Sent from moto X

Hi Keshav,
Not really anywhere to buy equipment in Tulamben. Your best bet is to buy all in Sanur through which you will pass on the way to Tulamben. Divemasters is the official Suunto reseller. Divesport sells Go Pro's. It does take about 2 hours to go there from Tulamben though...
Maybe your chosen dive centre can purchase all these items for you if you pay a deposit upfront or are willing to wait a bit after arrival?
Hope this helps

That was my original plan. But I could get a flight which arrives at 8:30 pm and most shops could be closed. I will ask if Dive center can help because if I go back I will lose dive time commuting

Is there a chance any of these items can be found in Singapore airport

Sent from moto X

Go Pro camera and accessories available at Changi..dive gear no not the the best of my knowledge.

Changi is singapore airport. I dont know about dive computers - did not notice any sorry.

The airport of Bali is called Ngurah Rai.
You won't find dive equipment, a Go Pro or anything worth buying in the arrival terminal on Bali.
So for the Go Pro either buy it at Changi Airport in Singapore or on Bali where you will need to buy the dive equipment anyway.

Have fun on Bali,

Andy

Hi Andy

My plan was to buy everything in Denpasar on arrival. Unfortunately the only flight available arrives at 8:30 pm and I'm going straight to Tulamben and shops would be closed at that time. My only option would be take a day out of my Diving plan and commute to sonur to buy them

I'm trying to see if there is a better option
Sent from moto X

You can stop here Ocean Pixel - Underwater Photography Online Shop on the way to Tulamben, just about outside Denpasar. Call andy chan if you want hime to wait outside normal working hour. It's his home.
He has good range of underwater housing and diving computer and dive gear. In fact, you can buy tank and compressor there.
I saw Go Pro camera when I stopped in his store sometime ago.
His price is very reasonable - and many of them are much cheaper than europe

How long is your layover in Singapore? If you have more than 5 hours, it might be worthy of your while to leave your luggage at the airport, hop on a cab, go to a dive shop, get all your stuff and then head back to the airport.

There is no dive equipment for sale at Changi - with that said however, you should be able to find Go Pro at the electronic shops inside the terminals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom