Need Help picking dive operation in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My husband and I are traveling to Cozumel in late Sept. We usually dive with Aqua Safari, but they no longer have the Belinda (fast boat). And, due to my sea sickness, I need a fast small boat to dive from. So, I have narrowed my choices down to Deep Blue or Blue Magic dive shops. What are everyone's thoughts on these shops? :):)

My husband and I are traveling to Cozumel in late Sept. We usually dive with Aqua Safari, but they no longer have the Belinda (fast boat). And, due to my sea sickness, I need a fast small boat to dive from. So, I have narrowed my choices down to Deep Blue or Blue Magic dive shops. What are everyone's thoughts on these shops? :):)

We always dive with Living Underwater. Jeremy has a beautiful, fast boat, a great crew, steel 120 tanks unless you want to dive with a smaller, dives slowly and is fantastic pointing out the macro stuff.

i have some friends who have dove in cozumel it is lake hickory scuba center if you want you can message them they have done dive trips there

I have some experience with Deep Blue. My DH also deals with sea sickness and he had no problem with ride out to the reef in the 6 pack boat used by Deep Blue. The boat was fast, however probably not as smooth of a ride as on the Belinda (I have always admired her ride as she passed by) . Divemaster Sandro was professional and experienced. For Deep Blue, the Services provided were basic and met my expectations.

So, anyone know what happened to the Belinda ???

Double S

Have used Dressel Divers. Like the dive credit vouchers should you buy a pkg. and not use them all plus availability at Iberostar resorts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I need a fast small boat to dive from.
I don't know anything about those shops you've narrowed down to- but if you want a fast boat, check Scuba with Alison.

Last edited:
And thus go the typical responses to a specific question about two specific dive ops. Apparently only Sue Sue read the actual question, not just the subject line.

I don't have experience with either op and will restrain myself from offering unsolicited recommendations. I am curious, though, how the OP narrowed her choices down to Deep Blue or Blue Magic as there are more than just two dive ops with small fast boats. What are your other considerations?

And thus go the typical responses to a specific question about two specific dive ops. Apparently only Sue Sue read the actual question, not just the subject line.

Moss, you need a vakay? You seem a touch touchy lately.

I will bring it around with a question I have, as I am curious as well: Why a fast small boat vs a fast large boat? I would have thought smaller would be more rocky and more trouble for those with the mal de mar?

I don't have experience with either op and will restrain myself from offering unsolicited recommendations. I am curious, though, how the OP narrowed her choices down to Deep Blue or Blue Magic as there are more than just two dive ops with small fast boats. What are your other considerations?

I read the actual question, and my dive op recommendation was based on the only factor they mentioned needing. Since they didn't say anything on why they narrowed down to the two ops they did, I thought perhaps they narrowed down to two ops of a few they had previously known about. Some people just don't know what other choices are out there.

I don't always write a recommendation or cheerlead for the op I used- if someone wants super advanced dives the op I dove with may or may not be for them. It certainly wouldn't have been the week I was there; and since she is a one boat op, I'm guessing she doesn't do those dives that much, because there is likely always some newbie or cruiser on the boat. If you want steel tanks and 90 minute dives, also not a great recommendation. But if what you want is a fast boat, she's got it. Almost certainly faster than the two ops named, from seeing them on the water; but of course, we didn't race.

Back
Top Bottom