Hello Everyone - Lost GOpro Camera in Hospital Hole Wikki Watchie River Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello Everyone,

I am in need of your help. While kayaking in the wiki watchie River on June 7th I accidentally dropped my brand new GoPro Hero 3 Camera attached to a monopod in "Hospital Hole". I know, the worst place to drop anything on that river. I am a Dive Master, but was on vacation with my wife celebrating our 1yr. anniversary and didn't bring any scuba gear. I live in NC and cannot go out and look for it myself. I'm hoping that I can connect with some divers that dive that spring often in hopes to recover my camera. We had just been on a vacation out of the country and have all of our anniversary footage on the camera that is somewhere in that deep hole. I hope its not all the way down and is sitting on a ledge waiting to be recovered. I am willing to offer a reward for its return.

Thank you everyone.

Dan

That is really not a recreational level dive. I would recommend that you post your request in the cave diving forum, you may have better luck there.

My guess is that your camera will probably never be found. I haven't personally been in Hospital Hole but it is very similar to Hudson Grotto. Very dark with thick muddy silt on the bottom and filled with a hydrogen sulfide layer. Anything dropped will be swallowed up by the mud. Someone might get lucky and find it but I wouldn't count on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom