How to add an attachment point on a B.C.?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FredGarvin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have a Sea Quest Balance Wing B.C.

There is no good attachment point for a small strobe at the right shoulder strap area.

Is there a good option to add an additional attachment point?

Does anyone know of a good source, particularly in the Los Angeles or Orange county area to get this alteration accomplished?

Thanks

Garv
confused.gif

Yes it does but I am interested in a more stable and / or secure attachment point than a D ring.

If I use a nylon tie to attach the bottom of the strobe to a D ring, the strobe will still flop around.

Garv

Could you just use a loop of velcro, bungie, or inner tube? You could bolt snap it to the dring then fasten it down with something else.

Have you tried adding a loop of shock cord around the shoulder strap? May help a bit.

Edit: Inner tube, mentioned in the above post, is a great idea.

Could you just use a loop of velcro, bungie, or inner tube? You could bolt snap it to the dring then fasten it down with something else.

This. Same way DIR divers attach their backup torches.

Here is a picture of the issue on the Balance B.C.

IMG_5709.jpgIMG_5710.jpg

I want to get the base of the strobe as firmly tethered to the shoulder strap of the B.C. as possible.

There are two small,l vertical slits on the side of the yellow plastic base of the strobe.

I want to be able to secure the strobe using a fabric or nylon band through those slits and then either around the shoulder strap or directly to it.

I do not want the strobe to be able to migrate downward toward the D ring attachment site..

Garv

Back
Top Bottom