Help with MK10 Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J_Rod

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have started to service a MK10 I got off of EBAY...I cannot figure out how to get the internal (piston stem) o'ring into place. I have a MK10 o'ring installation tool with a bullet but cannot get the internal o'ring past the bottom of the main housing on the seat side. It looks impossible to get it in from the spring side. Both, piston head and piston stem o-rings came out in pieces so I am pretty sure I know why the reg was hissing so badly....I'd appreciate the advice. BTW...I am sure it IS a MK10...not a MK10 Plus. Thanks.

UPDATE...I pushed it in with an 0'ring pick and positioned it...if there is a better way, though, I would like to know. Thanks.

Last edited:
For future reference, you're better off posting stuff like this in the DIY section. BTW, the tool you want can be found here.

J_Rod
SCUBAPRO does not sell parts, tools or give technical advice except to Authorized SCUBAPRO Dealers and their technicians.

WB...Thank you. That is just a little different than what I have and...Post wise, I will be more careful next time.

SP Harry...Duly noted. I did not expect a SP Rep to reply. FYI...Reg works GREAT now!! As I am an Authorized Owner, I thought you would be happy to know that. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom