Finger Lakes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AA3JY

Contributor
Reaction score
Need feedback concerning diving in the Finger Lake region..particularly Seneca and Keuka Lakes..

Dove Keuka Lake this past weekend. Viz was around 6-8 feet. Temps was around 68F to around 30 feet then the thermocline kicked in with temps to around 48 F. Saw lots of large mouth bass..more like they where curious of me as I could almost reach out and touch them before they moved on.. Could have easily stirred up the bottom mung as it was good to practice my technical propulsion techniques to get instant feedback if they where poor..

I lived in King Ferry when I was in elementary school. I remember visiting the lakes. We only stayed out there for a couple of years and then moved back to San Diego. Did vis improve, remain the same, or get worse below the thermocline?

As i slowly descended I could actually see what appeared to be visible deliniation at the same time could feel the thermocline boundry..so to answer your question..viz dropped

Back
Top Bottom