Scopace discontinued - WTF?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is Scopace discontinued still? Can't tell from the internet chatter
Chatter? Ok, if you don't want to read thru the discussion above and consider other choices mentioned, then your only hope in the US is a compounding pharmacy. Not many compound anymore, but some do. It may take a few days.

And from another thread...
DAN members, from the Spring 2012 Alert Diver Magazine, Page 12, under Scopolamine Update, there's a letter on this from member H. Resnick, PharmD, RPH, CPH, and amongst other things it notes those requiring oral scopolamine should contact PCCA - Professional Compounding Centers of America - Chemicals, Devices, Equipment, Supplies, Consulting, CEUs, Management, Marketing, Training for Compounding Pharmacy to locate a compounding Pharmacist. You will need a legitimate prescription from your Physician. www.paccarx.ca if you're in Canada.

Thanks to H. Resnick (in case he sees this on the forum, or anybody here knows him) for his info.

Richard.

It was a pharmacy in Australia. The UK ones won't ship overseas (at least the couple we tried, didn't).
Code, can you give a link to the supplier you found? Did they require a script? You remember what strength, how many, for how much, how fast...?

If anybody is looking for Scopace 0.4 mg tablets, it is no longer manufactured, however Steven's Pharmacy & Compounding Center in California has the ingredients & can compound an equivalent strength & ship directly to you. Their phone # is 800-352-3784. Steven's Pharmacy is a good compounding resource for any of your custom prescription needs. Visit them at Steven's Pharmacy or call them.

I ordered several boxes from http://www.pharmacyonline.com.au/travacalm-ho-tab-x-10
There is no prescription required, and they were cheaper than the pharmacies here in California. Shipping was pretty fast as I recall.

I just got an order filled within days of .4 mg capsules of scopolamine Hydrobromide (Hyocine hydrobromide) i.e., "Scopace" from South Salem Apothecary in Salem, Oregon. Will need a prescription from a Naturopathic Doctor (N.D.) or medical doctor (M.D.), and they can fill prescriptions via mail from other states. Very nice multi-generational family compounding pharmacy. They charged me about a buck a capsule. Going deep sea fishing in Alaska in a week, and this stuff is the only thing that has ever kept me from hanging over the rails. I've tried ginger, Bonine (meclazine), Dramamine, the patch, and even upper cervical adjustments (fishing with some chiropractors). Two patches will give roughly enough scopolamine, but then you've got the antihistimine in your system 24 hours a day--when you don't need it. I pop one of these every 4 hours (1st one on the dock), and have had no problems halibut fishing for hours with 10-12 foot swells. And I'm a guy who will hang over the rails in 2-3 foot seas with anything else. Here is the contact information for South Salem Apothecary:

South Salem Apothecary, 990 Commercial St. SE, Salem, OR 97302, (503) 967-2405.
South Salem Apothecary - Home

It's true that Scopace is discontinued.. but!!! and big BUT.. I found a pharmacy that custom compounds the equivalent of Scopace as a scopolamine custom prescription at scopolamine.net .

scopace.com forwards to this pharmacy's website too. Got it and works just like before with Scopace. There is hope :D

SCOPACE...has been discontinued in pill form, but is available in powder form to wholesalers...It can still be obtained custom compounded from
Steven's pharmacy....call them at 800-352-3784 or e-mail at stevensrx@yahoo.com

Back
Top Bottom