Kona Aggressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrmdad

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking for updates or comments on the Kona Aggressor. Any recent feedback?

My wife and I were on it in February. Terrific trip: food (cook was auditioning for a job!), DMs, captain, dives. Boat in good shape.

Thanks for the scoop. Looking forward to it.

My update isn't recent as I was on the Kona Aggressor II in August of 2009, but it was my first liveaboard and it got me addicted to liveaboard diving. I loved the crew, the boat was great, the diving was awesome - and even though you're always very close to shore, the boat travels so far south it's well out of reach of most day boat operators. I had been a resident of the state of Hawaii for 10 years at the time and had been diving on the Big Island quite a few times before - but regardless, my time on the Kona Aggressor II was an awesome time.

There are other liveaboards and other locations I'd like to go to more, but to be honest.....I would not mind doing the Kona Aggressor II all over again! It was a blast. And everyone talks about the Manta Ray Night Dive (which is awesome), but my favorite dive was shooting macro at Au Au Crater. Black sand inside of an old volcanic crater underwater.....just an awesome dive.

You will have a blast. Oh and I will also say that the food was outstanding when I was onboard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom