Scubapro Warranty Policy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want a high quality, high price piston reg, just buy Atomic and get on with life. The service/support options are much better with Atomic (no requirement to go through your dealer, you're always free to call their factory and get service directly) and there are none of these FPL/did you log your service on time games.

If you want a high quality, high price piston reg, just buy Atomic and get on with life. The service/support options are much better with Atomic (no requirement to go through your dealer, you're always free to call their factory and get service directly) and there are none of these FPL/did you log your service on time games.

Why would anyone hassle a diver for not using the parts for life program? I have 2 sets of Mk25/S600's that I bought from a guy that I know that bought them four years ago and never used them. I can't get FPL with these reg's and bet I won't be hassled by anyone when getting them serviced.

Why would anyone hassle a diver for not using the parts for life program? I have 2 sets of Mk25/S600's that I bought from a guy that I know that bought them four years ago and never used them. I can't get FPL with these reg's and bet I won't be hassled by anyone when getting them serviced.

Oh no, so long as you don't expect any FPL benefits and are willing to pay full ticket price for their service kits, I'm sure you won't be hassled at all.

The games to which I'm referring are (a) well, you bought a reg, but did you buy the whole SP package, because after X date you have to have done that to get FPL [something that's not always made clear when the reg is purchased] and (b) well, you paid through the nose for your reg or a full SP package, sure, and you've paid for annual service costs for X years (even though SP finally admitted that was totally unnecessary and went to a 2 year service interval without improving their regs, probably to compete with Atomic)...but either you missed a service by a couple weeks or we can't find your LDS's paperwork to prove you complied with our rules...so no more FPL for you! They seem to crop up with frequency where SP is concerned, and because SP doesn't want to hear from you directly, you'll be left to the tender mercies of their various dealers. YMMV, but I'm not a fan.

As between a used SP reg and a used Atomic, there's probably not much difference. I just wouldn't buy a new SP reg unless I was going to miss some great diving without it and there was nothing else for sale within grab distance.

I am not sure why the guy I bought these reg's from never used them. He bought the pair of Mk25/S600's for whatever price and then he shelved them for four years. He was an assistant instructor through our LDS so I trust him. He never used the reg's, they were in perfect condition. I got the reg's in DIN but I also got the yoke conversion with them. My price? $850 for both sets....I couldn't pass it up. That savings is about 8 years worth of service if my estimate is right so I am not worried in the least...:D

When you get those S600 2nd stages serviced next time, get the metal air-barrel upgrade kit installed if they don't have them already. Much more robust, and supposedly a bit less dry-mouth.

When you get those S600 2nd stages serviced next time, get the metal air-barrel upgrade kit installed if they don't have them already. Much more robust, and supposedly a bit less dry-mouth.

Just did that with a S555 that came with a MK-17 I picked up (thanks Beaver Divers) used. Can't wait to try it. I have been diving 109/156/G250v regs for decades... metal air barrels are a must in 40-something waters here.

SCUBAPRO has not "booted" anyone off of the Parts for Life Program. If an individual does not abide by the guidelines, they will lose the lifetime benefit however. If you have any questions regarding SCUBAPRO's warranty policy, which has never changed, vs the Parts for Life, please don's hestiate to contact SCUBAPRO directly.

SCUBAPRO has not "booted" anyone off of the Parts for Life Program. If an individual does not abide by the guidelines, they will lose the lifetime benefit however.

How about if an individual abides by your guidelines, but through the fault of their now out of business LDS, SCUBAPRO has no record of their having done so? Want to clarify SCUBAPRO's policy in that regard?

From what I understand their warranty isn't nearly as good as it used to be. As I understand it you still can get a "lifetime" warranty but as you said you have to purchase the 3 items together and, according to my LDS, you have to have your stuff serviced each year before the purchase date. If you go a day over they'll cancel it on you. I'm told they were bought by another company now run by bean counters or something. This could all be completely wrong but it's the information I was given.

SCUBAPRO has not been purchased by another company. It is still owned by Johnson Outdoors, Inc, and has been for years. I work for JOI in the Marine Electronics Division and used to assemble their first stage regs before they moved the American operations to El Cajon from Mankato Minnesota. And for the record, ALL companies are run by bean counters!

Back
Top Bottom