DAN travel Insurance Availability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donhealy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Just went to the DAN travel insurance site. The site says travel insurance not available right now as they are preparing to roll out new insurance plans in July. Anyone else having a problem with getting travel insurance? Any other good options? Does anyone know when the new plans will become available?

Don

I just received my card for the annual insurance beginning 07/31. Now you have me curious.

Don, did you check out the diveassure plans? I just got the same message from DAN. They say their plans will be available in July. Our trip isn't until the end of July so we might be able to wait it out, but I'm curious about the other options anyway.

Thanks!

that us very weird, updates or not insurance can't cease to exist/be provided
i would give them a call

I called DAN and they confirmed that they are revamping and looking at carriers and will have something to offer (hopefully) by mid July. I didn't ask, but I would assume that the outstanding contracts for insurance already sold will be honored. The contracts would be, after all, a product sold through DAN but not underwritten by DAN (presumably) since they aren't actually an insurance company. I'd just rather go with DAN since they're a known quantity for us.

Yeah I don't think I would go with anybody other than DAN. When it comes to your health and insurance its always better to go with the one you trust.

I have heard of a few others over the years but DAN is always the one that I come back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom