good free photo editing software for Windows 8.1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

heehee62

Contributor
Reaction score
Any suggestions for a good, easy to learn, free photo editing software for a windows 8.1 core i5 HD4000 4 GB ram ultrabook?

I'd prefer free cause I'm not sure I won't end up being too lazy to edit though I REALLY want to. Of course, I have to be able to fix white balance easily with it.

Thanks.

If you are looking for easy to use, with lots of nice effects, simple learning curve, but still very useful for probably 90% of the people out there, I recommend Picassa (a google product). Has Geotagging, facial recognition (tagging) and file management stuff.

If you want a "Photoshop" type product with layers, blending, lots of advanced capabilities, I recommend "Gimp". It's got a much more advanced learning curve, but I've found that much of what I can do in Photoshop I can also do in Gimp, and a lot of the video tutorials for Photoshop can be applied to Gimp with almost no effort.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Thanks a lot Steve. I think I'll give Gimp a try. As long as there's video tutorials that can apply, I think I'll be ok.

Hi heehee62, While not free ($49.99), our Vivid-Pix Picture-Fix software is extremely easy to use vs. the alternatives - does a very good job on underwater pics (designed specifically for underwater), and, should work on your ultrabook. We offer a Free Trial on our site... I think you'll like it! www.vivid-pix.com Enjoy Reliving Your Dive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom