Fat Secret

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

any updates? How ya doin' Pete?

I am on organic proteins and raw veggies diet plan to lose my fat. This diet plan proved very supportive for the natural fat burning and weight control. Green tea is also very useful for the fat burning purposes. I drink green tea before taking my breakfast. It has sufficient results for the fast fat burning.

I hear you Pete. Since my high school weight of 180 I have bounced back and forth between 260 at a peak and 170 at a minimum. One year I lost 70 pounds in 4 months by consuming 900 calories per day and doing a rigorous exercise regimen including weights, exercise bike and a mile swim 5 nights a week.

Recently I peaked at 260 again (my weight when you saw me at SCUBA Show) and revisited one of my weight loss techniques... extended dive trips. I lost 40 pounds on one extended three month trip back in 2001. This trip was 2 1/2 weeks and I lost 10 pounds. I figure three more trips in the next year and I'll be back where I want to be. Of course on these trips I also forego sweets and baked goods.

I'm a big (LOL!) fan of Fat Secret. I've lost 50 lbs since the first of the year with the help of this app. I'm almost where I want to be for my trip to Coz August 1.

It's important to keep in mind that losing weight is only the first baby step to health, albeit an extremely hard one. The rest of the journey is keeping it off. Most diets focus on the baby step and ignore the journey. If you view the process as a "diet" your chances of long-term success are poor. It needs to be a life-long lifestyle change. That's why fad diets always fail: They require things you cannot stick with, or prohibit foods you cannot live without, or they are just not healthy and balanced, so your health suffers in the long run. You lose weight while you're on them (resulting in lots of testimonials) and then put it back on when the diet is finished (though nobody retracts their testimonials). What you need to do is permanently alter your eating habits to a balanced, healthy, calorie-limited plan that you can stick with in the long term. Exercise is also important. Some people may have physical limitations to exercise, but for everyone else, it's critical.

Tracking your food and exercise is a very useful tool, and there are plenty of apps and programs to help with that.

I hope the OP has managed to lose that excess weight and keep it off .

A word on raw-food diets: Some nutrients are damaged by cooking, while others are unavailable until the food is cooked. A balanced diet contains BOTH raw and cooked foods.

OK!

I totally recommend EVERYBODY watching the movie "Fed Up"!

For those who cannot spend the time: SUGAR is you ENEMY! SUGAR KILLS!

Take the 10 day no sugar challenge and see how you feel and if you drop weight. (That includes reading labels to see all the hidden sugars such as BBQ sauce, Ketchup, breads.....just because it does not have the word sugar in it, does not mean it is free of it. For example: Molasses, Honey, .....are sugars!)

I swear, for all those overweight/obese people fighting with weight control, feeling sluggish, feeling hungry, .....stay away from sugar

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom