Visiting the NE from Germany - Questions about buddies and gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive_turkey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello Yankee Brethren!
Somehow, I just managed to convince my bosses I needed to travel back to the states for some training during the last two weeks in July. What this means is that I’ll be spending a week just West of Boston, about 5 minutes outside the 95 loop; and then another week just South of Providence. I’ve been diving here in the cold murky lakes of Germany for two years and I’d be excited to see a change of scenery (read: cold murky water somewhere else…)

Is there anyone in the area interested in showing me around? I can bring my kit minus tanks. I’m set up for single tank diving right now. I’m planning to dive dry unless I can borrow/rent a wetsuit as well.
Looking for buddies, suggestions, tips, warnings, etc…
Thanks, SB!

Hello Yankee Brethren!
Somehow, I just managed to convince my bosses I needed to travel back to the states for some training during the last two weeks in July. What this means is that I’ll be spending a week just West of Boston, about 5 minutes outside the 95 loop; and then another week just South of Providence. I’ve been diving here in the cold murky lakes of Germany for two years and I’d be excited to see a change of scenery (read: cold murky water somewhere else&#8230:wink:

Is there anyone in the area interested in showing me around? I can bring my kit minus tanks. I’m set up for single tank diving right now. I’m planning to dive dry unless I can borrow/rent a wetsuit as well.
Looking for buddies, suggestions, tips, warnings, etc…
Thanks, SB!

When you get to Providence area PM me I'm sure we can do a dive or two in the cold murky waters of RI.

Guten Tag dive_turkey.

A consideration will be that your regulator is most likely set up for DIN. You will need to temporarily remove the insert on any flasks that you rent in the states.

Viel Spass Tauchen

Thank you! I normally dive din, but I do have an yoke DS4 I can use. I would not have thought of that while packing. You're a life/dive saver!

I'm one of the DiveMasters leading shore dives for Giant Stride Dive Shop in Warwick. We have a shore dive off of Ft Adams in Newport, RI scheduled for 2 pm on Saturday, July 26th. Check out the Calendar of Events for all of the Giant Stride sponsored shore dives, in bay charter dives and offshore and technical charters as well.

Looking forward to having you join us!

I would recommend checking in with the Metrowest Dive Club web site. The club has "Date@8" dives every saturday and would be happy to have you join them. They meet at the Burger King Restaurant on Rt. 128 in Beverly (on the way to Cape Ann) 0800. Usually two groups form - one for a low stress dive and one for a slightly more challenging site. Good people.

MetroWest Dive Club

Well, I'm all set for my trip and of course the universe seems to have the same plans for me that it does with every other planned dive, which is a sinus explosion exactly one week before. Lots of water, rest, and pseudoephedrine... We'll see what happens.

I'll still bring my gear, but I may not be able to dive until my second week of the trip, and then I'll be limited by my return flight on the 2nd.

Thanks for all the offers, we'll see how it goes. Maybe I can still come out and meet some of y'all for a beer. Don't think there's much chance of a reverse block induced by microbrew...

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the sinus issue. Depending on what happens, shoot me a PM. If I'm around I'd be down for something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom