When can I expect my Certification?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just went to their site, adding insult to injury, on their homepage at the bottom is a "Congratulations to our new Certifications" with scrolling pics that have names and dates for various certs, sure enough there goes my pic with the 29th as being OW certified

SSI's site or the shop's site?

I just went to their site, adding insult to injury, on their homepage at the bottom is a "Congratulations to our new Certifications" with scrolling pics that have names and dates for various certs, sure enough there goes my pic with the 29th as being OW certified
Did you sign a release allowing them to do this? If not you may have a case of violation of privacy. We have releases at our LDS to do this type of thing. Have any lawyer friends?

Please; to everyone, you've the right to contact SSI at any time to discuss, get advice and resolved dispute with local shops or instructor.
Anyway, as I told before you can use your app on your mobile to download your certifications.
My best,
c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyway, as I told before you can use your app on your mobile to download your certifications.
My best,
c

In this case, that would be impossible, being the shop/ instructor delayed registering the diver in the first place. If the diver is not in SSI's database, they do not exist & the certification can not just be pulled up on their app.

In this case, that would be impossible, being the shop/ instructor delayed registering the diver in the first place. If the diver is not in SSI's database, they do not exist & the certification can not just be pulled up on their app.

That is why I told you that you've the right to contact SSI at any time to resolve dispute or just for seek advice!

My best,
C

Glad it finally came through for you. Hopefully you will have better experiences (with another shop!) on your future dives and courses. Don't let this experience put you off though, there's plenty good guys out there still.

Happy diving :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom