Turks & Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BFEIII

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Heading to Turks & Caicos in September. Can anyone recommend a dive operator. I'm staying at the Regent Palms. Also, any particular Dive sites, restaurants, things to do, etc. would be great. Thanks.

Doing the same trip first week in Aug at the same hotel. Booked dives with Dive Provo, they have a good reputation.

Joe

Anything at French Cay or West Caicos. Longish boat ride (45mins.) but worth it. More sharks and rays than you can count at some sites.

Thanks Joe!

---------- Post added July 10th, 2014 at 12:02 PM ----------

Malpaso, greats reviews. Thanks.

---------- Post added July 10th, 2014 at 12:03 PM ----------

Diversteve, Always interested in seeing sharks! Thanks.

Booked dives with Dive Provo, they have a good reputation.

Joe

Us too. Did a week over new-years 2 years ago.French Cay and West Caicos are the bomb.

+1 for dive provo. Let me know if you want restaurant tips as well. In terms of sites west Caicos and French cay as others say. Dive provo does a three tank trip on Wednesdays.

All sites I dove in July 2011 had reef sharks. See video link below, sorry for the poor quality, no extra lighting using a Sealife Mini II. I think you still get the gist.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=192041447580923&l=4158804743639354787

Recommend Dive Provo and for very casual dining with really good seafood Jimmy's Dive Bar next to Dive Provo. West Caicos is great. The three tank safari was well worth it especially if you enjoy a full day on the water.

Last edited:
Just returned from a week's trip diving with Provo Turtle Divers and had a great experience. Because of the wind we never got to West Caicos or French Cay but the diving on NW Point and Grace Bay was very good. The dive op was top notch - never had to touch a thing and never had more than 12 on the boat (with 2 DM's - so max of 6 per group).

Stayed at the Alexandra and ate all our meals at Mango Reef - great food and service. All the food on the island is expensive.

Been there 8 times and have used several dive shops (never used Dive Provo but will in the future; they were full for the entire week this past May when we went). Flamingo Divers are great:6-8 divers max but the boat is a little small for my taste. Caicos Adventures has an outstanding boat (Caicos Cat) but they can take a lot of divers in which case we've not enjoyed the experience but when they have fewer than 10 divers on the boat, it's really nice.

As far as food, you can get a Dining Guide in the airport and some of that info is here:
Where To Dine Turks and Caicos Islands - Restaurants, Cafés, Bars & Catering Companies on Providenciales (Provo)

Sitting up on a hill overlooking Turtle Cove is Magnolia and that's a great place to go for dinner and a sunset. Anacaona is nice Oceanside dining but on the expensive side. Seven (located in the Seven Stars) is also on the expensive side but we have always had good food there. Had 2 good dinners at this new place in the Regency Village called Lu Buchon de Village. For casual but reliable food at a good price, the Tiki Hut is worth a visit. If you want Italian, Baci is my favorite (ask for a table outside by the marina)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom