Shaw's cove regulations question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mobeeno

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is it true that a snorkel and a buddy is a requirement to dive at Shaws Cove, Laguna beach?

The law is still on the books, but Lifeguards have not enforced it for a few years. I used to duct tape a snorkel to the back of my tank while diving in Laguna Beach.

I dive here regularly and don't use a snorkel. I always dive with a buddy but my buddy dive's Shaws solo sometimes and has walked in right in front of the lifeguards.

Remember safety first...

Do the parking meters take credit card or just coins at Shaws cove area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do the parking meters take credit card or just coins at Shaws cove area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Parking is free along the street,there aren't any meters at Shaw's, but very limited. We usually all meet at laguna hills mall area (got the idea from a dive club email0 and consolidate down to one car to make parking easier. I dive it frequently and have never carried or been asked about a snorkel

There are meters on the vertical portion of Cliff Drive as it drops down from PCH to Crescent Beach and there are meters along PCH near Laguna Sea Sports. I believe all meters in Laguna now accept credit cards and quarters.

I believe all meters in Laguna now accept credit cards and quarters.

They have to accept credit cards because normal people do not carry enough quarters to pay for parking in Laguna. :D

I am hoping to dive Shaws Cove on Sunday 14th and Monday 15th June. What are the chances of finding parking for a 15 passenger van? I also hope to dive with some local divers. I do most of my diving from shore in the Monterey/Carmel area.

There is enough space, but it is hard to say how many open spots will be left. A lot of it will depend on what time you show up and how nice of a day it is. I know on Saturday's that it can be quite full by 6:00 am because of classes and other groups. Then with the warmer weather you get the beach goers coming out early as well. There is usually a transition time when divers are leaving that you can also get spots.

If shaws is full you can always go over to crescent and see if parking is any better.

Back
Top Bottom