Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO WHAT????

They have just as much right as I do to be there. There is no rule that states Phil Foster Park should be reserved for certified divers only. But that is the attitude you're portraying.

"The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins."
Oliver Wendell Holmes (1841-1935)

Well,
It's probably a good thing that neither you or I are the ones creating county policy :)

In any event, I'd love to be able to film you meeting the new Dive Shop owners --Next time your here :)

And now back to chatting about Seahorses, frogfish, baby turtles, and octopus :)

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Condition Report, Diva, anyone....

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Condition Report, Diva, anyone....

Sorry for the late report but, we were socializing after the dive. Went to a troll dive bar (Dune Dog) in Jupiter. You know how it is when Trolls get together after a dive. Anyway, we started out by going toward the rocks with a stop at the lone shopping cart. All was well....... we reached the rocks and then the rotolling began. We went East for a while and then headed West to escape the rototilling but, ran into another group of rototillers. We swam through the fog and found about 15' of hazy viz and temp 82. So, if you are shooting macro it should be fine. We found a lot of good stuff. Decorator crabs, large school of filefish feeding. Never saw a group of them before. Octo in a bottle, very small octo in a hole, jawfish with eggs, and the ususal stuff. There were a million divers there today. Parking was hard to find. Tomorrow I suggest GO EARLY. Lots of students and lots of snorkelers there today so, I would expect the same for Saturday. We spent most of the time under the fishing bridge. What did concern me was a class on their knees on the bottom in nudiworld. Didn't recognize the instructor. May be there tomorrow too.

Thanks. Appreciate the report!

And, "Welcome to the madhouse!!!"/part 1

Went solo(wife "didn't feel like it ..."), and upon arrival, my slight feelings of guilt were quickly replaced by disbelief, ... there must have been 20-30 cars going round 'n round in desperate search of a spot! 20 min in, one last drive by the lifeguard house, and guess what, miraculously a spot opens up. Anyway, once I got out, one quick glance at the water and ... a virtual stew of swimmers, snorkelers, divers, flags, and whatever else you can think of.
After bravely deciding that I'm still gonna have a good time, I put my stuff on, in and on my way to the East span. Took a little detour to the rocks, nice smooth Trunkfish to shoot, cam freeze!! Well, I wasn't about to let get that in my way so, once I had gotten back to knee-deep water by the beach, I sat my ass down, gloves off, and proceeded to open my soaking wet cam to reset it(opening/closing the battery lid usually does the trick). Guess what, no idea how I got away with it, but when everything was said and done, no flood, the damn thing actually worked flawlessly for the rest of the day ...

Was in such a hurry to cough up my parking spot on the way out I left cheap flip flops and Cressi big eye mask on the rinse station near the west. :) Hope someone uses them.

And, "Welcome to the madhouse!!!"/part 1

Went solo(wife "didn't feel like it ..."), and upon arrival, my slight feelings of guilt were quickly replaced by disbelief, ... there must have been 20-30 cars going round 'n round in desperate search of a spot! 20 min in, one last drive by the lifeguard house, and guess what, miraculously a spot opens up. Anyway, once I got out, one quick glance at the water and ... a virtual stew of swimmers, snorkelers, divers, flags, and whatever else you can think of.
After bravely deciding that I'm still gonna have a good time, I put my stuff on, in and on my way to the East span. Took a little detour to the rocks, nice smooth Trunkfish to shoot, cam freeze!! Well, I wasn't about to let get that in my way so, once I had gotten back to knee-deep water by the beach, I sat my ass down, gloves off, and proceeded to open my soaking wet cam to reset it(opening/closing the battery lid usually does the trick). Guess what, no idea how I got away with it, but when everything was said and done, no flood, the damn thing actually worked flawlessly for the rest of the day ...

And these pictures are where?.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom