Beluga whales Churchill, Hudson Bay: which lens?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Venus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi Everyone

I am lucky enough to be snorkelling Hudson Bay in August with the Beluga whales

I have an E-M5 in Nauticam housing
But, I don't know which lens to use, the 8mm fish eye or the 12-50mm (I don't have the gear on the port, long story)

And would I use strobes

any ideas? I'm not going to be able to swap lens and port during a session

Thanks

Oh dear. That was not my intension at all, Ran
although, I am very much looking forward to the trip and hoping to get at least three trips with the Beluga
i heard they were getting sick and haven't seen any reports in the past few months on there status

Im assuming I wouldn't need strobes as they are white ..... ?

I have always wanted to dive Churchill and Hudson Bay. Do you know of a dive operator there? Id love to hear a trip report.

Hi Sinbad

I can go diving if I bring my own gear [cylinders, weights etc] and I could/ maybe be able to get fills at the hospital :idk:
There is no facility for diving at all in Churchill, there may be at other towns around Hudson Bay, but my trip takes me only to Churchill staying at Lazy Bear Lodge

I'll have my dive gear [not cylinders or weights] with me because I'm diving out of LA/ La Jolla in the same trip

I'll share pictures on my return

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom