Lost GoPro, Beto's Reef Pt. Lobos, Sunday, July 20, 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also lost my GoPro at Point Lobos that day. It's a Hero 3 with an LCD BacPac. It's mounted on a UK GoPole that is black with a light blue handle. It was lost around the middle of the sand channel somewhat close to boat ramp. Let me know if it has been found. Thanks :)

I'll keep an eye out for his as well.

"Middle of the sand channel somewhat close to the boat ramp" covers a whole lot of area, especially since I don't normally think of "sand channel" as starting until you get out to the worm patch. OTOH, Christophe's description of where he lost his is specific enough that I'm actually organizing a search to go look for it later this week. He's given me a real challenge!

"Middle of the sand channel somewhat close to the boat ramp" covers a whole lot of area, especially since I don't normally think of "sand channel" as starting until you get out to the worm patch. OTOH, Christophe's description of where he lost his is specific enough that I'm actually organizing a search to go look for it later this week. He's given me a real challenge!

Good enough that Christophe reported over on ba_diving that zf2nt and his buddy recovered Christophe's GoPro today. Good on ya, zf2nt.
One down, one to go.

Chuck

Pretty cool that you two found it Bruce :) We must have passed over roughly the same area and missed it going both directions.

Yes, Peter, I'm sure you went right over it. The difference is that we were there explicitly to find that GoPro, so we were searching every possible hiding place. I didn't even take in the scenery until after we found it. And of course, the scenery was awesome. We had about the same conditions you did--about 30' of visibility. That's a little disappointing, because we had 50'-60' on Sunday. The coldest temperature I saw was 59F, when I was down 117'! On my safety stop I was showing 62F. Those are Catalina temperatures.

Bruce

For the other GoPro Bruce suggested: halfway to coal chute on a heading of 060 from the ramp. Perhaps an expanding square from that point would be the best strategy.

Back
Top Bottom