Lionfish spearing regulations in North Carolina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

for those interested...

discovery diving is having a lionfish roundup the end of the month

I'm in NC and would love to go lionfish hunting here. However I'm reluctant to go with Discovery as they take what you kill and sell it. I want to keep what I kill. I'll bring my own gear, my own cooler and I want to keep my own catches. Does anyone else in NC do lionfish hunting trips?

Discovery's Lionfish Roundups have a duel purpose, eliminate the invasive species and promote demand for them as a food source. If you kill lionfish on a regular charter then I bet they would expect you to keep them. Just want to set the record straight.

Discovery's Lionfish Roundups have a duel purpose, eliminate the invasive species and promote demand for them as a food source. If you kill lionfish on a regular charter then I bet they would expect you to keep them. Just want to set the record straight.

Thanks for the correction. I was basing my statement off what I read on their website. I didn't notice any distinctions between types of trips but I'll check with them for further details.

For what it's worth, on September 20&21st, I'm holding a Lionfish Derby at Dockside in Wilmington, NC :) I'm going to be posting a flyer and more event details coming up in the next couple of days!

FWIW the ZooKeepers are a little small for some of the full grown Lion Fish in North Carolina.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom