SAN DIEGO - A man who was scuba diving died Sunday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Didn't the victim have a GUE Fundamentals Provisional Pass? That means essentially that he was not fully fundies certified, but he had 6 months in which to go back and successfully complete all of the skills and potentially pass.

Since when is that important? There is no evidence that gue divers get less bends or less accidents in diving than other divers. Or that padi divers are the most worst divers with lots of incidents and accidents.
This was in my eye just a sad story, a fit person was not lucky, wrong time, wrong place.

Is a granny line used to hold your position against a current to allow rest then kick more or do you pull hand over hand on it or both?

Hand over hand. It's a lot easier than kicking. Though when you first get to it, you'll likely just hang on and catch your breath for a minute or so.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck.

Mike

Since when is that important? There is no evidence that gue divers get less bends or less accidents in diving than other divers. Or that padi divers are the most worst divers with lots of incidents and accidents.
This was in my eye just a sad story, a fit person was not lucky, wrong time, wrong place.

If you're going to comment on my quote, then take the quote in context. The first poster I quoted stated that the victim was fundies certified. The second poster I quoted re-stated that information. I then posted to clarify that the victim actually had a provisional pass, so that the misinformation didn't continue to get repeated.

Freerolling:
I know the diver personally. He was an avid local diver in San Diego. GUE Fundies certified on top of the typical recreational certs. He was pursuing GUE Tech certification over the course of this year.

uwexplorer:
His friend mentioned that GUE training is demanding., but also that he was only fundies certified...

Didn't the victim have a GUE Fundamentals Provisional Pass? That means essentially that he was not fully fundies certified, but he had 6 months in which to go back and successfully complete all of the skills and potentially pass.

Back
Top Bottom