Sydney Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

finbob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone, I would appreciate some advice...

I'm in Sydney 16-18 November (3-dive days).
Based on my negotiation skills with my wife, I would like to do 3-morning dives.
04.gif

I am very keen to see (priority order):

1. Seals
2. Nurse Sharks
3. Wreck
Is this possible?

Any suggestions for a dive outfit? Sincerely, Finbob

#1 sorry, but you can pretty much rule this out, in over 20 years of diving have only heard of one occasion when a seal was seen in Sydney
you would need to go down south for any chance to see them,the closest to Sydney would probably be Jervis Bay, about 3 hour drive

#2 Grey Nurse Sharks can be seen at Magic Point (boat dive) but the numbers are not great and they may not be there all the time.
Forster or South West Rocks are a couple of spots where you are pretty much guaranteed to see GNS and a lot of them, however this would be a 6 hour drive north

#3 There a re a number of diveable wrecks around Sydney, possibly the ex HMAS Adelaide on the Central Coast ... about 1 hour drive north

For a dive outfit (shop) it would depend on where you are staying, Dive boats are becoming scarce in Sydney, the only boat that i know that goes out mid week these days is Pro Dive although i could be wrong on this as iI do very little boat diving.

a good place to check out what diving is available around Sydney Michael McFadyen's Scuba Diving Web Site

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom