Nauticam housing for OMD M5 vs M10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ulrich

New
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Has anyone tested the Nauticam housings for both the Olympus OMD M5 and M10?

Obviously the M10 housing has the better port lock, is a bit smaller and comes with handles. It also does have the electronics for the vacuum test pre installed. Apart from that are there any differences one should know about? Is the vacuum system really necessary?

Though I really like the M10 for its better buttons, screen and built-in flash, I would opt for the M5 because of the weather sealing and the great bundle with 12-40mm f2.8 lense and battery handle. Unless there are no drawbacks for uw use or the Nauticam housing, of course. So any comments welcome.

Thanks,

Ulrich

Nauticam housing for the E-M10 (at least in the US) does not include the tray and grips just like the E-M5. Removable grips and grip supports are built into the E-M1 housing.

Aesthetics for the new port lock on the E-M1 and E-M10 housings are very nice like the DSLR housings, in terms of function and security of the port lock to me they are the same and I have owned both.

Be aware that while the 12-40mm F/2.8 zoom is an excellent lens, well above the 12-50mm zoom it requires a ZEN DP 170 dome port or the Nauticam dome port. It will not work in any of the flat ports that support the 12-50 zoom.

I really like the extra security of the vacuum system.

At least in Europe some offers of the m10 housings include a tray.

I'm aware that I will have to invest in a large dome port but since I'm interested in wide angle, it's only a question of expensive (Nauticam) or a bit more expensive (Zen). So it basically comes down to the advantage of having the electronics already installed in the m10 housing.

I have the em10 + nauticam housing. Really nice - nit sure where you saw the housing wih a handle/tray offer though, i had a good hunt before i ordered and didnt find anywhere!

On the same boat. I just received my EM-10 housing from Nauticam Italy. I did an extended search in Europe and have found nil offer with tray/handle. It looks so nice and I cant wait to go out!

10592907_10152248704106451_3006835542156861327_n.jpg1012448_10152248699861451_2408491772223047830_n.jpg

Its great fun. Took me a dive or two to adjust, big difference after a compact. Big faf for me was getting the ttl working- i had the flash set on 1/64 before i realised i needed it on fill in..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom