Mouthpiece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have ordered 4 of the Comfo-bites and will see how they do. They are way shorter than the ones I have right now. Thanks for the suggestions!

just trim the back of your current mouth piece with a pair of scissors.

i have used custom moulded hockey mouth guards for over 30 years. i always end up trimmng the back of each new mouthpiece due to gag reflex. i trim just a little bit off at a time until no gagging issues.

my dive buddy tried one of these types of scuba mouthpieces and had the same issue. a few scissor snips later and no problems.

The gag reflex is interesting - and can be triggered by something touching the back of the tongue and mouth, and even the roof of the mouth. The SeaCure mouthpiece, as mentioned previously, can be trimmed in length as needed. The inside flanges that rest against the tongue can also be trimmed when necessary to help a strong gag reflex. And, the design of our newest model, the X Type, reduces bulk which can trigger gagging.

The gag reflex is interesting - and can be triggered by something touching the back of the tongue and mouth, and even the roof of the mouth. The SeaCure mouthpiece, as mentioned previously, can be trimmed in length as needed. The inside flanges that rest against the tongue can also be trimmed when necessary to help a strong gag reflex. And, the design of our newest model, the X Type, reduces bulk which can trigger gagging.

Just a quick qeustion (sorry if hijacking). I really loved the mouthpiece you guys moulded for me at DEMA last year,.... it really helped with the gagging... except for one problem..... over time (several months) the plastic seemed to become harder & then water would start leaking around the orifice into my rebreather loop. I softened the part that goes over the orifice to help it better fit it & it was held on by a cable tie. I tolerated it for a while, but then the amount of water leaking in was becoming intolerable. Of course CCR, tends to have a little more negative pressure in the loop than is in OC. Any ideas? Or suggestions?

I have ordered 4 of the Comfo-bites and will see how they do. They are way shorter than the ones I have right now. Thanks for the suggestions!
Good. After you receive them, and dive them, let us know what you think.

Yea but I don't want to waste $30 on a mouthpeice that I would hate. $5-10 yes no problem. I only bought one Comfobite to try it out instead of 4. Just in case I don't like it.

---------- Post added August 8th, 2014 at 07:29 PM ----------

Good. After you receive them, and dive them, let us know what you think.

Will do!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom