Aug. 9, 2014 Lover's Point (Monterey) video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for sharing the pictures and video.

Great video! Hope the vis is as good this upcoming weekend!
I am hoping for the following weekend to be that good. So far I have never had a good dive at Lovers Point. Vis like that just doesn't manifest itself for me at Lovers.

Lover's always seems surgey for me, and that dive looks similar. But wow, what a great viz, and some lovely scenery. Well done!

Lover's always seems surgey for me, and that dive looks similar. But wow, what a great viz, and some lovely scenery. Well done!
The wide angle (8mm fisheye) lens tends to fake good visibility or make it seem better than it was. I'd say visibility on the far end of the kelp bed (30-40' deep) was about 20' which I was more than happy with for such a shallow dive. Visibility was about 10 feet in the kelp closer in and 3-6' near shore. Near the beginning of the video there's a kid snorkeling. In the video, he/she looks far away, but he was only about 6 feet away. I think I scared him as I swam by since he started splashing around like he was trying to get away from the dark shape that suddenly swam by. I liked all the strawberry anemones everywhere. We only get those up here (Vancouver Island) in certain areas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom