2 OmniSwivels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well on their website it said Standard OmniSwivel, so usually when you want the standard of something you omit the "standard". If I was looking for a special one I would have specified.

I am looking for a couple 360 OmniSwivel's that fit "normal" reg's.

Might be looking for a Scubapro too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought two of the $25 versions off of ScubaToyz and had good results with them. I now own 5 of the Cave Adventurers 360* swivels and have had great luck with them....I believe they're $25 a piece. The Omniswivel versions are very overpriced, and are mechanically identical to the ones I'm diving...except triple the cost.

Scubapro is also a brand, and I've never heard of a standard scubapro.

You know I love people like you that have no sense of humour and nothing better to do than make pointless posts! Keep up the good work, you are making yourself look like a genius all on your own! Slow clap!

---------- Post added March 20th, 2014 at 08:47 AM ----------

I bought two of the $25 versions off of ScubaToyz and had good results with them. I now own 5 of the Cave Adventurers 360* swivels and have had great luck with them....I believe they're $25 a piece. The Omniswivel versions are very overpriced, and are mechanically identical to the ones I'm diving...except triple the cost.

I may have to give CA a call and look at their swivels for that price. Thanks for the info.

There is a huge difference in quality between Omniswivel parts and the cheap Chinese made ones sold by places like Piranha. I have both, and have had several problems with the cheap second stage swivels. I'm not saying the price difference is worth it, but they are definitely not the same quality.

I read earlier threads from a few years ago about mechanical failure with these 360 swivels. There is a screw that has been referred to, somewhat unaffectionately, as the 'death screw.' I note that the folks who sold me these didn't use any such term while talking me into the purchase. I did buy two of the Standard OmniSwivel 360s, and the build quality appears good. Does anyone have any current information about the reliability of these today? Is the consensus that any problems have been solved?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom