swivel....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Surprised nobody has recommended omniswivel yet. Omniswivel's swivels are tops. They do make a model that is held in with a screw ( I have 5 of them), but like anything if you are a doofus and don't maintain your equipment then it will likely fail on you. I check mine before every dive.

When the 360's are rebuilt the screw is set with loctite. I just check to make sure there is no play in the screw. The HP and LP 1st stage swivels have no screws and it just takes an ultrasonic and 2 9/16" orings to rebuild them. The 360 deg swivels have a few more parts.

i just bought a aqua 90 degree swivel, but it would not fit on my mares prestige 12 first stage because the ports are slightly recessed and the metal on the swivel and the metal on the regulator touched before the oring was tight, i wonder if this omni swivel will have same problem..i did not really want a 90 degree swivel, but could not find a 360 degree to fit on a first stage till i saw this post this morning.. all of the 360 degree swivels i have seen fit in the 2nd stage !!

Have there been any recent reports of failure with the OmniSwivel Standard 360? I've heard about concerns from posts that are a few years old. But does the 'death screw' still deserve the nickname?

Okay, my memory fails me - there was one that was in major disfavor, but in my searches, many more...

Which one(s) do you desire??????

Both Dive Rite and XS Scuba have quality 90 degree and 60/65 degree swivels that will do you just fine. I have both and both are good quality.

N

Necrothread alert! :rofl3:

Have there been any recent reports of failure with the OmniSwivel Standard 360? I've heard about concerns from posts that are a few years old. But does the 'death screw' still deserve the nickname?

The 360° swivels just aren't of a robust design, IMO. I don't think that's changed much over time.

If you dive with a 40" hose routed under your right arm, one of the 90° elbows what I'd recommend. If you are diving the long hose and want some strain relief as the hose routes behind your neck, Scubapro makes a 120° elbow. If you are insistent on an actual swivel, Atomic now makes a universal comfort swivel/hose combination that fits non-Atomic regulators, it seems to have a much better track record that what you read about the 360° swivels (on SB and elsewhere).

Personally, I've found that the Miflex hoses give me all the flexibility I need without adding an elbow or swivel. All of the elbows I've tried have long since been relegated to the "dive gear I never use" box. YMMV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom