Bad air originating in tank and not compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's too bad, because there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that the places that need monitoring will buy the equipment, and even if they do, there's no reason for divers to trust them any more than they trust the O2 percentage in nitros.

In any case, AFAIK, KWJ Engineering still senss the pocket CO, although it's not as easy to use as yours.
Yeah, even giving a compressor monitor to the main fill station in Cozumel for free didn't work. CO was still found in tanks. I was really disappointed that about all DAN America did about the problem was give more free compressor units to a few Ops, but they're not the membership organization they're supposed to be. :mad: I am sorry that Analox is dropping out the corporation's primary responsibility is to their stockholders, so they have to do what they have to do.

I had way too many problems with the Pocket CO tho, in the field and at home calibration both. I'd suggest other choices. Sensorcon makes a nice, affordable scuba tester, but while it's out of stock for now. - the sales manager tells me that they will be back in stock next week. http://sensorcon.com/products/porta...pector-carbon-monoxide-tester-for-scuba-tanks

I had way too many problems with the Pocket CO tho, in the field and at home calibration both.

Mine works just fine but it's a bit of a cob-job with the baggie and hose,etc. I'd like one that just hooks up to a LP hose.

Mine works just fine but it's a bit of a cob-job with the baggie and hose,etc. I'd like one that just hooks up to a LP hose.
The Pocket CO has a lot of false positives from other fumes in the air, but if you keep it in the ziplock and only handle it it clean air - it can work. It has zero water resistance, and calibrations can be a drag. I have had failers in all of those areas.

..I have the unpleasant duty to inform all of you that as of 23rd July 2014, Analox will no longer be manufacturing the EII CO.

Can't believe it!
Just ordered one a week ago. Will be sending it back as soon as it arrives.

Sensorcon makes a nice, affordable scuba tester, but while it's out of stock for now. - the sales manager tells me that they will be back in stock next week. Cabon Monoxide Scuba Tank Analyzer

Thanks DandyDon,
Any personal experience with this one?

Can't believe it!
Just ordered one a week ago. Will be sending it back as soon as it arrives.
I think you should keep it. It's the best, so easy to use - and we'll find the sensors for them when we have to.

Thanks DandyDon,
Any personal experience with this one?
I've been wearing the basic unit out and about. I look like a dork anyway, wearing a phone holster and a camera holster on my belt, so adding that to my cargo pocket is just a little more - and I am curious about day to day exposure in the stores and cafes I visit, paranoid maybe, but whatever. A fine unit, tough, dependable, etc. I have not tried their scuba kit which adds a hose and tank yoke - and I don't want to as long as my Analox works as it's so much easier.

The Sensorcon is cheaper, but for those who have not ordered an Analox yet, get them while you can...!!

That's too bad, because there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that the places that need monitoring will buy the equipment, and even if they do, there's no reason for divers to trust them any more than they trust the O2 percentage in nitros.

In any case, AFAIK, KWJ Engineering still senss the pocket CO, although it's not as easy to use as yours.

There is also an Oxycheq product that gets the job done.

I haven't had problems with the Oxycheq unit as yet so there was no opportunity for service problems but I can +1 that Nuvair in California are absolutely awesome.

Bought an O2 booster from them a while ago and service throughout has been awesome. They are a good bunch. Their portable CO unit is similarly priced to the Analox and the Oxycheq so there's plenty of options even after Analox discontinue their unit. Lack of available hardware won't be an excuse :p

The CO sensors described in the links posted look like they are an essential part of a dive kit. My question is that the concerns discussed are related to CO2, therefore, will a CO tester also monitor CO2 concentrations or are they the same thing?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom