sealife dc1400 macro lens......has it ever been considered?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i got the sealife 1400 just recently - haven't had a chance to play with it underwater yet - just on land to get used to it... shutter lag is noticeable yes :) depending on what you're shooting - might do better switching to video and doing framegrabs.

an idea for a DIY macro would possibly be a round magnifying lens and attaching it to a cut out lens cap. not ideal but.....

on land i prefer my nikon d50 dslr or little olympus p&s we have(depending on what we are doing)

Would the old macro lens for the reefmaster fit on the 1400? Or would there be a way to modify it to somehow fit? Would it be worth a try to see if it could fit?

I've got one coming in the mail that should be here on Wednesday. I'll let you know if it fits and initial thoughts on it when it comes in.

Pillpusher, did you ever try the Reefmaster macro lens on your DC1400???? If it doesn't fit, do you have any ideas as to how to create an adapter to make it fit? Would the lens actually make a difference in the long run?

I imagine the 16x would be better than the 8x, but I'm curious.....

Yes. I toyed around with it a little today and it does snap right onto the housing. As to how well it works, I won't really know until actually try it next month since it will lose some of its magnification underwater. I don't think it will make a dramatic difference, but, above water, it does magnify some and, more importantly, it seems to help the camera focus on tighter shots.

That's cool. I would love to see comparison shots from your upcoming Lembeh trip. Do you have the 8x or 16x lens?

I had that macro lens back when I used to use the Reefmaster film camera 15 years ago (I don't have it anymore). Even if it makes a moderate difference I will probably go about using it when I go to Papua New Guinea in October - that is if I can find one.

Do you have any pictures of the lens on the camera? Do you feel like it would stay on the housing without issue? Or will an adapter be needed to keep the fit a bit more snug?

That's cool. I would love to see comparison shots from your upcoming Lembeh trip. Do you have the 8x or 16x lens?

I had that macro lens back when I used to use the Reefmaster film camera 15 years ago (I don't have it anymore). Even if it makes a moderate difference I will probably go about using it when I go to Papua New Guinea in October - that is if I can find one.

Do you have any pictures of the lens on the camera? Do you feel like it would stay on the housing without issue? Or will an adapter be needed to keep the fit a bit more snug?

16x. It fits perfectly on there, so no worries. Snaps right on. If it worked well with your Reefmaster, I would imagine it would have the same affect.

Hi guys I have adapted the following lens to my Sealife DC1400 and it seems to work really well, had to use a couple of adaptor step down rings and a old sealife macro lens which I removed the lens from so I could attach the lens and it gives you about another 3-6 x magnification.
Zoom images

Inon UCL-330M67 Underwater Close-up 67mm Macro Lens

Hi! I stumbled across this thread and even though I did finally jump to a DSLR setup, I used and loved my Sealife for years! While I know there are options out there I was really happy with the subsee +10 results as an additional macro option for the Sealife. It definitely took some practice to use but I enjoyed the results. :) I had the flip adapter that screwed on the front. :)
7727158788_50d688c6ed_z.jpg7727183752_db6ff2ce25_z.jpg8071208520_45f92befae_z.jpg8073101531_b54d25fe2b_z.jpg8099012282_8e84e2dda0_z.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom