Cold-Water Sidemount harnesses for short chicks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vitruviana

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
As stated! Any recommendations for a sidemount harness for a 5 foot tall lady with big knockers and a small waist? I've been diving the Hollis SMS100 (smallest size they have) which is lovely and great, except that the rails are ending up more along my thighs/knee-pits than around my hip region, which makes unclipping tanks hilarious to say the least, and the shoulder straps are comically long (not the webbing portion - the actual shoulder straps). I have the ability and know-how to modify harnesses slightly, but I don't want to have to practically re-make one to make it fit. Has to be suitable for cold-water drysuit diving too. Fun fun!

Any thoughts?

Use a minimal harness style system. Most of them are 'one size fits all'.

If you want to stay with Hollis the SMS50 can fit too, has a very small wing though.

Where are you in canada? I could show you a few options myself and students use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why not send your SMS100 to Edd for modification? Moving or changing out door handles is pretty easy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I can put you in a Stealth if you're in the Calgary area. I have a SMS50, but wouldn't recommend that for cold water drysuit diving. What tanks and how much lead are you using?

"Knockers"

Love it, only heard that over here in Britain.

Anything like the Razor/XDeep and similar i'd recommend. Easy to customise and no bulk, also knocker friendly!

Forget those damn cupboard door handles. If you want to clip reels etc to them fine but use 2 D-rings on each side of your waist belt, one back and one forward. Clip to the back one at the start of the dive and switch to the forward ones once you've sucked 500 psi out of your AL80's. Your unclipping problems will be solved....trust me :)

Forget those damn cupboard door handles. If you want to clip reels etc to them fine but use 2 D-rings on each side of your waist belt, one back and one forward. Clip to the back one at the start of the dive and switch to the forward ones once you've sucked 500 psi out of your AL80's. Your unclipping problems will be solved....trust me :)

I do love diving dry with Al80s. Steel tanks areso overrated.

/sarcasm

Unless your in Mexico, why dive dry with aluminum tanks? Makes no sense.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If the bottom of the SMS100 is at her knees, nothing Edd can do can fix that, the plate is just too long. X-deep stealth is probably your best option. Get the optional butt plate if you're diving steels.

Back
Top Bottom