Halcyon Infinity good choice BP ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw a local picture today of someone using both right chest D-rings on a SP Xtek or whatever rig as an octo holder. They have a purpose!
Both D-rings as an octo holder? So the holder is really secure, two is one and one is none!

Both D-rings as an octo holder? So the holder is really secure, two is one and one is none!

Folded the octo hose in half and stuffed it up though both d-rings like rubber bands on a deco bottle. Best use I can see for those d-rings.

Folded the octo hose in half and stuffed it up though both d-rings like rubber bands on a deco bottle. Best use I can see for those d-rings.
A simple bungee(DIY) would render those two D-rings obsolete, neat and tidy as well.
And what are the functions for the other two D-rings on the left of the chest? camera/video, PLB, reel/spool, slate, smb, spg, strobe, torch etc etc.

Last edited:
A simple bungee(DIY) would render those two D-rings obsolete, neat and tidy as well.
And what are the functions for the other two D-rings on the left of the chest? camera/video, PLB, reel/spool, slate, smb, spg, strobe, torch etc etc.

Bling?

Following that line of thinking (if one is good, two have to be better!), why not four? :rofl3:

This is just more of the same, marketing to novice divers who don't know what they want (and what they don't).

I wouldn't call someone a novice diver that's passed a full cave course, certified on 3 different Rebreathers, and I could go on, but I'll leave a stupid remark like that alone, enough said................

Anyway, I sent back the Dive Rite BP/W combo. I didn;t like the webbing , it was to stiff, travel wing was spot on, loved it, and loved the SS Lite BP, but I went back to what I was used to diving. Just walked out of the local scuba store who is geared more towards tech, I know the owner for a long time, and bought a new Halcyon Infinity BP/W with the Cinch System :)

Attachments

• 2014-09-09 20.28.45.jpg
    2014-09-09 20.28.45.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 149
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 145
I wouldn't call someone a novice diver that's passed a full cave course, certified on 3 different Rebreathers, and I could go on, but I'll leave a stupid remark like that alone, enough said................

Anyway, I sent back the Dive Rite BP/W combo. I didn;t like the webbing , it was to stiff, travel wing was spot on, loved it, and loved the SS Lite BP, but I went back to what I was used to diving. Just walked out of the local scuba store who is geared more towards tech, I know the owner for a long time, and bought a new Halcyon Infinity BP/W with the Cinch System :)

Cinch system? Padding on the plate/harness? Plastic nubbin on the too-skinny OPV string? You gonna die thrice over! :wink:
Nice rig.

The SMB Isn't fitting in the pouch between the BP/W they provide. SO I went to the LDS, and bought a pouch that mounts onto the BP to hold the SMB

I didn't like it mounted on the side of the BP, with the opening facing down, so I but mounted it

When I tighten the crotch strap, I can still get at the SMB and reel, what do you think?

Attachments

• 2014-09-13 18.42.31.jpg
    2014-09-13 18.42.31.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 141
  • 2014-09-13 18.42.41.jpg
    2014-09-13 18.42.41.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 129
What SMB? Are you trying to fit it in the weird BP padding/storage pak thingy with the spool on it as shown above? Because the H pak thing isn't really designed to do that. Also, while it's hard to say from the 1st pic...is that thing mounted between your arse and the crotch strap?! If so, put it on the other side, duh.

What I think is that you should get some dive trunks from Irikonji, put your SMB and spool (and any other stuff) in there, and throw all your harness padding/storage pak/ass mounted mesh pouch crap in the trash (or eBay). But the butt-mounted thing (so long as you have it on the outside of the crotch strap) is fine, plenty of people do that.

It's a finger spool with 50" high viz line, and SMB

Crap, I have it mounted in front of the crotch strap, so when I go to tighten the strap, it's in the way, LOL

Dammit, I knew it's been a while

I was thinking of just getting rid of the pouch and clipping it on the D ring on the rear of the crotch strap, but I think it would hang then

I don't want to mount anything on my D rings other then my 13CF pony, I hate having stuff hanging everywhere

Attachments

• 2014-09-13 20.05.05.jpg
    2014-09-13 20.05.05.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 120
  • 2014-09-13 20.06.12.jpg
    2014-09-13 20.06.12.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 121
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom