Dive knife or line cutter for my BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone diving a Zeagle Stiletto BC, if so where do you mount your trilobyte

Get one with a flexi pouch and you can low-profile mount it on any of the major webbing pieces.

Thanks for the replies. Already had a Trilobyte on my radar so with your recommendations, that's a lock. In terms of the trauma sheers, isn't there a possibility of them puncturing the BCD?

How? They're blunt tipped...

What the Dr. said...

img_7034.jpg

It's a friction fit - more so than scissors so they stay closed. I don't know that particular one but be sure there's stainless steel pivot also - my shear blades were fine after a year but the pin rusted closed so I tossed them. These: Blue Reef Shears Cutter with Holster at LeisurePro

If you put the shears inside a sheath, they'll stay put fine and not poke anything. Just stuffing them in a pocket and hoping for the best would indeed not be very smart.

... Just stuffing them in a pocket and hoping for the best would indeed not be very smart.

My precise thinking and concern. Better to ask here than to find out the hard way. :)

Innovative Scuba www.innovativescuba.com carries a product they call Sea Snips. It is just trauma shears and a sheath. I zip tie the sheath to my BC such that the Velcro opening on the sheath faces toward my body so it doesn't accidentally get opened. They work very well and are much cheaper than a dive knife.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom