Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I would pop in with an apology for all the divers I drove crazy with my beeping computer on Saturday:fear: My Uatec was quite alarmed by my multiple bounces to 120m (393.7 ft) I suspect I now hold the depth record for diving at BHB :eyebrow: Possibly also the most annoying diver award as well. I am glad I was diving with a redundant computer but I am not sure other divers were as I would have had to abort the dive otherwise. I have come a fair ways to establish my goal of a dive longer than 3hrs at the Bridge.

View attachment 192372View attachment 192373

I am curious about this critter. In OZ I would ID it as an Umbrella Shell. Anybody want to educate the Ozzie?
View attachment 192374

Lol I was checking my camera not my computer. Worried until I gave Jenny the "do you hear that" signal.
On the other hand if I had hung around the area instead of leaving I could have checked a critter off my life list. The Umbraculum is still on it & yet
you on what your 2nd BHB dive saw one. Good for you. By the way I logged 21ft/6.4m

Wow, another for the critter list!
Thanks Deb.

Dove Saturday and went west under the pedestrian bridge. Saw a scorpion fish and some brown things that looked like nudibranches, but I wasn't sure. Oh also spotted about 1,000 jellyfish, mostly by them slamming into my face and hands.

Oops.. we see Umbraculum occasionally enough at home that I didn't think it was particularaly special not knowing it was unusual here. Kicking myself for not calling Jenny over to show her. By the order and time of the shot Jenny thinks she may be able to figure out the general location. It was quite a large specimen not being a great judge of distance but I would say it was between 4 and 5 inches across making it a pretty decent size. Compared to what we get it would be an adult.

I also found a Fingered Dragonette which Jenny said was a fairly decent find. The problem with diving other sites is you just don't know what "The usual suspects" are. What I might think is pretty average locals get excited about and vic versa. I have certainly noticed this phenomenon both as a traveller and hosting others at our "home sites".

There was a lot of everything floating around today on the west side.... Looked like soot underwater. 48 min 2300 psi (enough for another dive) left in the bottle I bailed .... >)));> >)));>. >)));>

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

84 degree water today with sorta lousy conditions otherwise. We really had ok viz but sand in the water column and green water conspired against us! Viz again improved going east and got up to 20 ft or so. I found a nice seahorse and lots of other critters. A good dive but a little disappointng at the same time. I hope it is better soon...............

Are the moon jellies back?

Yesterday 9/3 saw only 1 moon jellie and a few chopped up pieces. But conditions not nearly as good as they have been. I am SPOILED by the great conditions of the past week. BTW, thanks for the great food last night after the dive! Burgers were better than the secret dive bar Brass Ring!

That was on the East side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom