Need help with borrowed GoPro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alvida

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi;
We leave for our trip Monday night and I'm borrowing a colleague's GoPro Hero2. I borrowed it previously and my underwater video and photos were muddy so I think I need a red filter. Can someone tell me, please, if there is a difference between a dive housing versus what may just be a waterproof housing? Can I just buy a red filter or do I need to buy the dive housing that comes with a red filter? The filter appears to be rectangular and I can't see how it fits within the current housing. I can't find any filters locally so I need to order something, probably from Amazon. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The original hero 2 housing used a circular lens which produced a blur, when used under water. Then they came out with a dive housing with the rectangular lens which corrected the blur. Unfortunatly when Gropro came out with the Hero 3 they stoped producing the housing and it may take some looking to find one. Try doing a search for GoPro hero 2 dive housing.

That's only a filter for the housing. The housing is here: http://www.amazon.com/GoPro-Dive-Ho...d_sim_p_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=070FBYZ641W7W17V374H You can probably do better than $175 elsewhere. It's not likely you will be able to get one by Monday however.

I am currently in the same search - see my post from the other day. Eye-of-mine has an aftermarket version for $75 which I think is too high but as far as I can see there is not much else out there. You can probably get a used one pretty cheap but you'll want to test it before you use it with the camera.

Then there is the real sleazy option: go down to WalMart and get a Hero 3, use it for vacation (do not flood it) and take it back within 30 days. Used to work with lawn mowers but they wised up.

This is the Flat Lens Dive Housing you need...

GoPro-Hero-2-Flat-Lens-Housing-500x500.jpg

GoPro Hero 2 Flat Lens Dive Housing

Then you'll need to add the filter of choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom