Whites fusion tech is it worth it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opie712

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have found a used fusion tech with mk3 undergarments rock boots and hood the seals need replacing on both neck and wrist they wanted 900 but came down to 700 is this a deal or pretty much getting what you paid for

If the suit is in good condition, ie zipper, and if the neck and wrist seal fit, I think it is a good deal. If the seals are cut too big, then be prepare to spend another $100 to $150 for the seal. If you DIY, it will be less.

Have you dove this suit? I hated mine and couldn't bring myself to charge someone else for it. There are a lot of people here who like them. I sent mine to the landfill. Great in the water but miserable on/off, uncomfortable topside in between dives, I could go on but it's all been said before.

I've never dove one this will be my first drysuit but I've tried one on at the Lds is was sorta hard to get on but once on it was comfortable it's 4 hours away so I've not seen it in person but it seems to look real good my photos he said it has been in storage for a while and the seals were dry rotting I was thinking bout having the si tech wrist and neck system on if I buy it I was just wondering if it's worth it as a used suit vs a new one

By the time you get neck Tite system fitted and replaceable wrist seals, leak tested(?) it's going to start getting rather expensive. Personally I'd give a Mike at DiveRiteInScuba a call, he's also a member here, he often has some wicked deals. Good luck.

People seem to either love the Fusion or hate it, there seems to be little in between although it appears to me that the people who love it significantly outnumber those that hate it. I have a Fusion Tech and am in the love it camp as are about eight of my dive buddies. With MK3 undergarments hood and boots it sounds like a good deal as long as everything other than the seals are in good condition. You could get the replaceable seal system, I have it and it's great, or you can just install new seals. To save some money you could install new seals yourself by getting the seals and heat activated tape from DiveRiteInScuba.
One other point for a new dry suit diver - Most people find the suit very easy to dive compared to some drysuits.

Have you dove this suit? I hated mine and couldn't bring myself to charge someone else for it. There are a lot of people here who like them. I sent mine to the landfill. Great in the water but miserable on/off, uncomfortable topside in between dives, I could go on but it's all been said before.
i agree i hated mine (was a trade to a shop for some tanks ) it is a great suit for a store (fits alot of body styles ) you could do alot better for a suit this one is way to big for most people ( i suppose if you get a good fitting one it would be marginal, EVEN though i never seen one fit properly ) look at another suit like a used viking or a dui you'll be WAAAAAy happier ....................just my 2 cents worth of dry suit diving 30 years

---------- Post added September 5th, 2014 at 08:30 AM ----------

People seem to either love the Fusion or hate it, there seems to be little in between although it appears to me that the people who love it significantly outnumber those that hate it. I have a Fusion Tech and am in the love it camp as are about eight of my dive buddies. With MK3 undergarments hood and boots it sounds like a good deal as long as everything other than the seals are in good condition. You could get the replaceable seal system, I have it and it's great, or you can just install new seals. To save some money you could install new seals yourself by getting the seals and heat activated tape from DiveRiteInScuba.
One other point for a new dry suit diver - Most people find the suit very easy to dive compared to some drysuits.
monkey see monkey do .....

PS do you're self a favor take a dry suit course before diving it , you will save yourself a big learning curve and maybe your life ..great piece of gear but it can kill you .......

It's a reasonable price, but not a steal. The back zip Fusion One sells, with a lighter undergarment, for just under a thousand. If you are not handy with DIY stuff, you will be looking at a couple of hundred to replace the seals, and more if you have the SiTech system installed.

I will differ with some of the other posters. I have two Fusions, a Sport and a Tech, and I think they are very good suits for the money. They are forgiving in fit and very difficult to damage. With the user-replaceable seals, you cut your maintenance costs as well. They are light to travel with, and dry fairly quickly (the Tech a bit slower than the Sport skin).

They are somewhat more difficult to don, particularly with the MK3 undergarment. I ended up going to the Thermal Fusion for that reason, although I prefer the MK3 undergarment's design. The pockets aren't ideal, but they are workable. The suit sags if you try to walk around with the top down and the pockets full, and it's a bit annoying. But my preferred suit at home, the Santi E-lite, runs almost $2K more at retail, and that buys you a lot of diving. If budget is no issue, you may be happier with something else. But since your original post was about the fairness of the price, I suspect you are looking for a good, usable suit at an affordable price, and the Fusion is that.

I would ask which version of the fusion the people that tried it used? I started with the Bullet skin and hated the suit, it weighed a ton and was just a pain to deal with out of the water. I now have a Tech skin and like the suit much more. Changing to the Tech skin was like having a whole new suit. I would be willing to bet the majority of people that did not like the Fusion had the Bullet version.

I agree with pretty much everything TSM said. In terms of fit, if you can get the suit on, nearly no other suit will fit as effectively except a wetsuit. The only thing I've seen that comes close is a Santi.

Donning is not much more of a challenge than the compressed neoprene suits I have owned previously. I can invert (which I love to do) with minimal effort in getting back to trim.

I'd try to get them down a couple hundred more...perhaps offer to buy the seals from them?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom