Master Scuba Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys,

I'm 3 specialties away to get my master scuba diver certification :cool2:,
I've read through the forums and read that it's kind of useless to do it, Unfortunately I'm one of them guys that like to get the certification cards :).

So my question is,

When I get my master scuba diver certification what will I get? apparently, you get a goodie-bag what exactly is inside it ?? and how much will it cost for the certification?

Regards
Rene Doempke,
15 Year Old Diver :)

Reactions: Doc
You pay for the specialities plus something little for the MSD card. I cannot say more. Don't know.

Depends on the lds you do it with. Its not standardized

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ello, Rene. Great to see another teen diver out there.

My MSD application was accepted last week, so I am yet to receive my card, but I have been told you get:

* Certification card
* Master Scuba Diver Patch
* A formal certificate

Example: http://www.padi.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/PADI-Master-Scuba-Diver-Certificate.jpg

Thats what you get standard, your LDS might give you something else if you have done all the training through them though (Mine gave $150 in-store credit and they covered the cost of the MSD application)

Application cost was something like $60.

Some say the MSD route isn't worth it, but personally, with or without the MSD rating I had an interest in taking more specialities and I believe those specialities made me a better diver to date because of the extra time with an instructor and practicing skills.

Good luck with the rest of your training.

Last edited:
I got the card, the "certificate suitable for framing" (I DID frame it....), another "take the MSD Challenge" wall cert. and a patch. AND the MSD backpack (this was 2007). This has come in handy for collecting thrown beads at N.O. Mardi Gras.

Save the money you'd spend on the MSD card and apply it to an actual class, or to actual diving. Much wiser use of the money.

I got the card, the "certificate suitable for framing" (I DID frame it....), another "take the MSD Challenge" wall cert. and a patch. AND the MSD backpack (this was 2007). This has come in handy for collecting thrown beads at N.O. Mardi Gras.

Mine was on a bet, and it got my daughter certified SSI DiveCon. She was kind of working towards it till the bet, but got serious in a hurry. I really just wanted to get her through Rescue and she surprised me.

In addition, my instructor presented me with MSD, so I didn't even pay for the card, "certificate suitable for framing"...

If there is any point, it is not all about the cards and training because quality can be all over the map, its about the diving. Are you a better diver today than you were yesterday?

Bob
--------------------------------------
There are more ways than one to skin a cat, however the cat never likes it.

The only important part is the training. If you've acheived the requirements of MSD, that's all that counts - why waste the money on a bit of plastic and a certificate? Spend it on Cisk instead!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom