Bad air originating in tank and not compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think dreamdive was looking for a CO tester.
Maybe so? I've often said that if I could read minds, I'd still be married - but I was in the company of my ex for a few hours tonight, and I don't think that would have helped.

Anyway, just going on what was typed.
Dandy Don: Please re-read my post: I am also very disappointed to learn that Analox is discontinuing their CO monitor
Okay, okay, one more time...

I am also very disappointed to learn that Analox is discontinuing their CO monitor. I was going to order that one to check my O2 and nitrox blends prior to each use.
If you want to check "O2 and nitrox blends," use their Oxygen analyzer.

If you meant that you want to check your nitrox tanks for CO, that's a good idea. :thumb: I was just going on what was typed, and typos cause confusion even if I think I recognize one.

Why does that matter? Because as the cylinder gets filled with oxygen and you have an unrecognized flash during the O2 fill that later gets topped off with Air, you can get very significant CO contamination! Further, your in-line CO monitors will not detect it!

This is very important for all those who fill their own tanks by partial pressure blending method. I just learned of one such incident yesterday! Obviously a flash burn can occur during a O2 only fill and has very serious implications for us rebreather and tech divers!

I am also very disappointed to learn that Analox is discontinuing their CO monitor. I was going to order that one to check my O2 and nitrox blends prior to each use.

Dandy Don,
Reading it in context is also important.

Yes, I don't want to check my O2 in my tanks I already do that, but want to check my O2 tanks for CO.

Dandy Don,
Reading it in context is also important.
Yeah, but sometimes people mistype, some really misunderstand, so I avoid assumptions. Can you tell I live alone?

Yes, I don't want to check my O2 in my tanks I already do that, but want to check my O2 tanks for CO.
:thumb: The Analox CO tester is still available. It could get cheaper on close-out, or it might go up since it's still the best made. I hope we will be able to buy replacement sensors even after Analox stops carrying them, as I suspect they buy those somewhere - not make them.

There are other choices, tho. More competition than the market can bear perhaps, but there are several for around $400, one for less than $200 - Sensorcon's, if you don't mind using the extra valve and hose, or trapping gas in a large ziplock. I have their basic CO monitor and am quite impressed with it, so I may try bagging while still using my Analox.

I think you should keep it. It's the best, so easy to use - and we'll find the sensors for them when we have to.
Thanks DandyDon,
Yes, I've decided to keep it.

BTW, it came with a dead battery. The seller says he contacted Analox and they told him "they had purchased a bad supply of batteries and didn't find out about it until most of them had already been placed in their units and shipped".
Luckily, it's easy to buy and replace.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom