Which is the best GoPro Camera to get for Scuba Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been using GoPro black for a couple of years and couldn't be happier. One complaint is the battery life, pretty miserable particularly if you use the remote. They say the 3+ is better in that respect, but couldn't verify. I think it's worth paying for the top of the line, as they always improve them (although I wasn't aware of the fact that the case for 3 might be better than the 3+ as someone mentioned). The high def of the black series is superb...

The silver 3+ is just a slimmed down hero 2. Get the Hero 3 Black, It already comes with a dive case meant to go down deep and has the special latch, and you also get the remote for "free" if you will. My black films 1080p in 60 fps, way faster than the 3+ silver, and 240 fps for super slow motion, for cool shots ( like me shooting my bow)

I had the Silver Edition for one dive and then GoPro had to replace it for warranty issues. I upgraded to the Black 3+ and I love being able to see my images on my iphone and control it from my iphone. That's my personal thought but I was happy with the Silver until I saw what was on the other side of the fence...

Depends where you are diving...I was in the Caribbean, so I used a red filter...I was going cheap, so I tried the Polar Pro Red Cube snap on filter...It worked well and snapped off quickly so I could quickly pull the filter off for surface shots or if I had an air bubble trapped in between the filter and the GoPro case.

Black edition 3+ getting great results. Worth a few extra bucks over the other models:
[video=youtube_share;-4rNXE3CEN4]http://youtu.be/-4rNXE3CEN4[/video]

I'm also looking for a basic video camera. I can't find bad review for the Intova Sport HD II which is only $150. But I also can't find a lot of reviews period.

I am in the same situation. Undecided between gopro hero black and intova sport hd II.

Gopro hero refurb (265$) + LCD (80$) + red filter (30$) = 380$ more or less
intova (150$) + red filter (30$) = 180$ more or less

this are the prices I found looking online. Is there anybody who has done comparisons? Is the gopro black significantly better?

Thanks!

you might want a mono pod it makes reaching things easy with out having to get near things. Very handy if your snorkling around.

IMHO the GoPro brand is over rated . You are paying a huge premium for the name and their huge advertising budget as well as now they need to answer to shareholders. May I suggest you look at Into a sport HDII $149. the Into a sport Edge $265 or another favorite which I own. AEE S70 Magicam ( Made an offer on ebay at Willoughbys for $235 and it was accepted) the 71 if you want 4k.The4k is useless at the frame rates that are available. Take a look at this and good luck with your choice. http://www.aee-cameras.com/press/all/aee-s70-vs-gopro-hero3be.html#.VAoZdNHF49k.email

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom