Aladin 2G Screen Guard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phocus

Reaction score
Just purchased an Aladin 2G and it came with a separate thick clear rubber-like screen protector that apparantly sticks on to the plastic screen guard as additional protection, or just to prevent scratches on the already in place screen guard. It appears that it would be hard to remove once put on, and probaly hard to clean the sticky residue off the plastic guard without scratching. Due to its thickness, and having some opaqueness, may make it harder to read the screen. Anyone install this and can you provide feedback?

I also saw an "Invisible Shield" 3rd-party protector here:

Uwatec Aladin Prime Wrist Screen Protector | invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG

Thought that might be a way better option.

Also thought about just replacing the plastic clipped-in guard every once in a while when its scratched up. Don't know if they sell replacements and if it is cheap to replace.

I've removed the plastic shields from my three dive computers and replaced them with the Zagg protectors. I highly recommend this as it improves readablility.

Adam

I've removed the plastic shields from my three dive computers and replaced them with the Zagg protectors. I highly recommend this as it improves readablility.

Adam

Do you remove the clear hard plastic cover that is clipped onto the screen, leaving the bare screen, then apply the Zagg shield to the bare screen? I thought the Zagg was applied to the hard plastic cover. If not, that may prevent scratches, but would not have the bump protection provided by the hard plastic cover, correct?

The Zagg "invisible shield" provides two shields. One is for the outer removable cover and the other is for the computer face. Be careful when selecting a shield. They are not identical and are not labled for which is for the outside removable screen and which one is for the computer face. I prefer not using the hard plastic screen because at the surface it always traps moisture and make reading your post dive data diffilcult.

The Zagg "invisible shield" provides two shields. One is for the outer removable cover and the other is for the computer face. Be careful when selecting a shield. They are not identical and are not labled for which is for the outside removable screen and which one is for the computer face. I prefer not using the hard plastic screen because at the surface it always traps moisture and make reading your post dive data diffilcult.

Do the two Zagg shields come as a package? Or a choice at purchase?

They come as a pair in the box on the left side. On the right side also included is a microfiber cloth, plastic squegee, and a lubricant in a spray bottel.

+1 for the Zagg Shields. I us them on everything I can. I put one on my Gekko computer that had some scratches on the screen, and the adhesive from the shield filled them in and they dissapeared.

I found this thread as my Aladin Tech 2G comouter screen after mostly 5 years of use have too many scraches.
Search of "Zagg shields for Aladin 2g" didn't bring any result on ebay and amazone.

I tried putting both on at the same time, major fail. Go with one or the other. I removed the rubber one after it had some sand stuck between it and the screen. The hard plastic one is actually pretty good and screen is easily readable wet or dry. After removing the rubber one, I cleaned off the excess residue with a couple drops of rubbing alcohol and cut a piece of android screen guard. That seems to be working very well. Used the rubber one as a template.and as soon as it goes, I have plenty leftover for another 3, btw, 6 months and about 20 dives, the android screen guard is still working amazingly well.

I know Scuba Pro has a newer version of the Tec2. The Aladin Sport Matrix. Looks like it uses the same hard plastic cover. I put the clear rubber like screen on over the plastic shield for extra protection a few years ago. My Tec2 is a back up. After awhile, the clear rubber protector has started to turn yellow from age. Making it more difficult to read the computer. So, I removed it. The hard plastic cover is still on. Went to my LDS and their 5 hard rubber screens were turning yellow too. They said, they have been here for some time. A new clear hard plastic cover retails for $16. Just passing along this info on this old thread. Or, if you get the new Sport Matrix.

Back
Top Bottom