Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Apeks Black Ice

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 17 51.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I cannot answer your question. Perhaps I can help you ask it better? There is some info. that might help people help you.

1.) You're in Ohio. Do you plan to dive in that region, in cold water where you may eventually want a dry suit or at least a 7 mm full wetsuit, hood and gloves, and your BCD must have the lift capacity to take you up from depth despite substantial weighting? Or do you intend to just do traveling 'dive tourist' excursions in warm water destinations like Florida and the Caribbean?

2.) What attracted you to those 2 models? What do you like about them? Did you consider alternatives, whether BP/W or not, or are these just what the local shop is selling?

3.) From what I'm told Zeagle uses a ripcord release system for integrated weights in at least some of it's BCDs. Some people like that. I suggest doing a search on it on the forum to read up and see whether you think you might be one of them.

Richard.

Richard,I will be doing most of my diving in Ohio and the surrounding states in fresh water quarries. I will make the occasional trip to saltwater destinations.

I was drawn to those two models based on they are similar to what the dive team uses that I'm working with, but not diving with yet. Id like to keep my rec rig similar to what I would use in a PSD setting. I know i do want something with an integrated weight system as well.

As for the ripcord system ive seen it on my buddies ranger and its not a big issue once you get the hang of relacing the cord once you dump weight.

Well I went in to my LDS last night and came out with a rig. I did not end up getting either of the two models that I was considering at first. After getting my hands on some items I decided to go with the Aqualung Axiom with the standard power inflator. Also worked a good deal on some other goodies with it.

I got a chance to dive with it today and love it.

I got a chance to dive with it today and love it.

Good for you. That's what's most important. I am a big fan of Aqualung BCs. What made you go with it?

I liked the idea that is was a hybrid BC between back inflate and jacket style. It fit my body really well. And the deal Aqualung had going on with their essentials package was a motivating factor as well. For a beginning diver the package made brought it more in my budget to be able to get a good set up at a good price.

My LSD mainly stocks Zeagle and Aqualung BCs, I like the fact that I was able to get my hands on it prior to purchasing instead of buying sight unseen on the internet.

Should have gone with the I3. Just like integrated weights - once you try them you'll never go back. And the Wrapture harness system is in a league of its own. Trust me - I'm a diver!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom