Down Under Surf & Scuba is no more

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Down Under Divers Club has actually grown to 200 members in the last couple of weeks, and there were about 80 people at the last meeting. They've elected a new president, VP, and secretary/treasurer. The club has a really good chance of surviving this now.

It has also been inspiring to see how many shop instructors have VOLUNTEERED their time to get students' training completed because students lost their tuition money when the shop closed. I bet many of them have even lost money when you account for paying PADI's certification fees, getting air fills, paying for insurance, and so on. These instructors are doing the right thing, whether it's out of the kindness of their hearts, to honor Scott's memory, or to keep mentoring new divers. Bravo!

It's all of the above and more. It shows the level of care and devotion to the students the DU staff has. We teach for the love of the sport and the joy of sharing the underwater world with others. I know for fact many of the staff lost money...I did but that is not going to stop us from doing the right thing by our students. This is a bump in the road but we will get past it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom