Master Scuba Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Something like this?

images

PLEASE do not do this. You will only make yourself the butt of jokes and derision from the majority of other divers. All this says is "I'm more interested in public recognition of being a diver than actually diving"

Agreed. Don't bow to public pressure - like the kind that says you shouldn't do something because of the possible public pressure of nay-sayers.

If you want one, get one. If you're worried about public derision of a few - doubtful that it would be anywhere near a majority - for doing something that brings you pleasure...don't.

Something like this?

images

PLEASE do not do this.

You must be joking - I, for one, want anyone and everyone who might think the above jacket is just uber-cool to go for it. I need the amusement in my life.

Agreed. Don't bow to public pressure - like the kind that says you shouldn't do something because of the possible public pressure of nay-sayers.

If you want one, get one. If you're worried about public derision of a few - doubtful that it would be anywhere near a majority - for doing something that brings you pleasure...don't.

You're right. But I have to admit to being guilty. I have 2 patches on baseball caps. I only wear them around non-divers. I just can't bring myself to wearing the MSD one because of all I read on SB. I don't wear the DM one around divers because there are a zillion DMs.

I know that with PADI you pay $50, so PADI MSD = sucker in my book. I think SSI is different in that once you qualify, you get the card. With PADI, I have 11 diving specialties, 3 non-diving ones. I'll always be a rescue diver as I see absolutely no value in wasting my money on a card. If I earn it and they send it to me, great. Otherwise, I couldn't care less.

But it's your money.

I know that with PADI you pay $50, so PADI MSD = sucker in my book. I think SSI is different in that once you qualify, you get the card. With PADI, I have 11 diving specialties, 3 non-diving ones. I'll always be a rescue diver as I see absolutely no value in wasting my money on a card. If I earn it and they send it to me, great. Otherwise, I couldn't care less.

But it's your money.

Sucker's a tough word. People buy lots of things that make them feel good, but are pretty useless. I was only 82% sucker when I paid $41 for mine in '07. Oh, I take that back--inflation.

First post. Me smells a troll!!!

You're right. But I have to admit to being guilty. I have 2 patches on baseball caps. I only wear them around non-divers. I just can't bring myself to wearing the MSD one because of all I read on SB. I don't wear the DM one around divers because there are a zillion DMs.

Really? There's a DM patch? Dang! Another thing that PADI has failed to send me.....

Really? There's a DM patch? Dang! Another thing that PADI has failed to send me.....
Actually they sent me two--the small "bent" rectangular ones. Some dive shops have the big roundee one as well. Or you can find all this stuff on the internet, of course if you want to buy them.

Actually they sent me two--the small "bent" rectangular ones. Some dive shops have the big roundee one as well. Or you can find all this stuff on the internet, of course if you want to buy them.

PADI sent you a "bent" patch? Dude, that's some seriously bad mojo!

You better start rubbing a good luck token!

token_hindu_good_luck.jpg

padi sent you a "bent" patch? Dude, that's some seriously bad mojo!

You better start rubbing a good luck token!

token_hindu_good_luck.jpg

rotfl!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom