Roatan Airport new rules

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bet Wilma is unhappy------she still head of Customs???........& thinking Orlando is unhappy also---he still there??............................EDIT:--you remember in the early 2000's when they put in the x-ray for carry-on bags, on leaving the country???---& charged you ??like 5 USD to do it???...I told them I'll forgo it , for a while...:)...They also had the lites for the runway in a storage house for about 4 years(back then) & finally decided to install them..............................You've got to consider the place you're @......lol

Bet Wilma is unhappy------she still head of Customs???........& thinking Orlando is unhappy also---he still there??............................EDIT:--you remember in the early 2000's when they put in the x-ray for carry-on bags, on leaving the country???---& charged you ??like 5 USD to do it???...I told them I'll forgo it , for a while...:)...They also had the lites for the runway in a storage house for about 4 years(back then) & finally decided to install them..............................You've got to consider the place you're @......lol
Wilma No, You been away A While, Orlando will find a way to enhance business because of this , We Never paid to X-ray bags, Maybe we were already in Orlando's homeboy circuit by then, Accidentally leaving a size 11pair of work shoes on occasion has made most Roatan airport experiences quite simple

When we came through there were three lines open. One line was for locals and the other two for vacationers. Yo Hablo but that didn't make it faster to get to our turn.

Maybe they could worry a little more about the Hondurans leaving the country headed north and less about the travelers who have already been heavily scrutinized by TSA in the US.

Does Aviansa now fly direct from the US? That is what I don't get, If you connected on the minland you should have gone through immigration there, did you do 2 immigration?

Wilma No, You been away A While, Orlando will find a way to enhance business because of this , We Never paid to X-ray bags, Maybe we were already in Orlando's homeboy circuit by then, Accidentally leaving a size 11pair of work shoes on occasion has made most Roatan airport experiences quite simple
.............We just gave Orlando 5 bucks & a new tee shirt, remember Winston became the man when Orlando 'took off'(the island) for a year or so--------Never had to go thru Immigration or Custom lines...Yea, last trip(#26) was in ~ '04, finally sold house in '08---when we saw we weren't gunna make it there anymore........

Makes me laugh. For us not so frequent travelers it has never been that quick.

I've not gone through RTB, but have done SAP on my way to Utila. Will be interesting to see if this process gets quicker...especially upon departure from SAP the lines to pay taxes with one or two people working is bad enough. I can't imagine adding another bottleneck to the process.

Never had to go thru Immigration or Custom lines...Yea, last trip(#26) was in ~ '04,........

WOW, Dude, you need a new hobby, Your
Last trip was ten years ago yet you recall dates , times and details along with number of trips??

---------- Post added September 20th, 2014 at 08:43 AM ----------

............Yea, last trip(#26) was in ~ '04, finally sold house in '08---when we saw we weren't gunna make it there anymore........

Dang Must have sucked waiting to sell for those 4 years, Were you an unsuccessful business owner or just bad retirement planning ?

Last edited:
.............We just gave Orlando 5 bucks & a new tee shirt, remember Winston became the man when Orlando 'took off'(the island) for a year or so--------Never had to go thru Immigration or Custom lines...Yea, last trip(#26) was in ~ '04, finally sold house in '08---when we saw we weren't gunna make it there anymore........

....because the diving had gone to crap ?

---------- Post added September 20th, 2014 at 11:17 AM ----------

Just so everyone knows, last Saturday they held the planes until everyone was on.

so instead of missing the Roatan departure flight you just get to miss your next connecting flight instead ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom